THE WAITING GAME... (waiting for chick orders)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rockmissjess, Mar 1, 2014.

1. rockmissjess

rockmissjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    [​IMG] I am so bored right now ... and i am just waiting for my chick order (ships on the 10th) im so darn impatient.. just ordered a chicken coop (which i hope will work) ahhhh i feel like im loosing my mind with getting into chickens im so impatient and anxious! lol [​IMG]

2. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats on your chicks! I remember the last time I ordered chicks it was so hard to wait. [​IMG]

3. rockmissjess

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    Im feel im having issues waiting i already have everything they need when they get here... but just ordered the coop yesterday after winning the bid on ebay for $227.50 ;) i was pretty excited..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-Outdoor-...643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d49acc003
    There it is..... now i dont know if im super anxious on top of waiting for the chicks to arrive on top of now waiting for the coop to arrive to give me something to do... wanted a new hobby ... so i chose chickens :) hehhe
    im getting 2 buffs orp
    1 SLWyandotte
    1GLWyandotte
    1Black Austrolorp

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  4. Good luck with the chicks, post pics when they come :) I remember I had to wait for a few days to go rescue battery hens, and I felt like I was excited out of my mind! Lol!

5. rockmissjess

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    Thats how i feel excited out of my mind!!!! And worried [​IMG] We have coyotes around here i live in a rural urban neighborhood and u can hear them roaming the streets at night.. and im super scared that the coyotes will kill them once they are big enough to be outside.. i have a 6ft fence and im gonna buy the 33day dispensers of wolf urine to place along my fence line... but i cant really afford to do too much more... i dont know what else i can do to protect them from these neighborhood pests.. [​IMG]

6. rockmissjess

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    OMG LOL... i got my son evan (age 7) all amped up excited for the new chicks to arrive this after noon when i showed him youtube videos of the chicks we were getting and what they would look like when they will start laying eggs and how we will get the eggs... (HE HAD TONS OF QUESTIONS) My husband has been out of town friday and today until this evening and had no idea that i answered all evans questions about chicks and how they hatch all that stuff (hadn;t gotten that far yet) so i was in my room and i hear loudly from the other room: Evan, "BUT DAD I LOOOOOVVVEEE BLACK CHICKS!!!!" OMG i started laughing so **** hard.... and ran out to the living room to see the weirdest look on my husbands face... "PRICELESS" .When me and evan were talking about chicks (chickens) earlier and he liked the black ones the most.. jason didnt quiet understand what evan was talking about when he said he wanted a black chick out of the blue.. lol the look on jasons face.. "PRICELESS" I wish i would of had my camera... then after that my husband said what?! and evan responded.. "dad you can have a black and white chick" My husbands face was still very confused and couldnt help but bust up laughing (as so was my husbands best friend)...Then evan said, "Yeah dad they will get big and we will get eggs & eat them!" Then he understood.. omg it was just so priceless... you cant even imagine!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  7. rockmissjess

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    [​IMG]7 More days till the chicks are shipped.... [​IMG]ooooo im so excited.... [​IMG] Im so impatient.. omg.. i feel like im loosing my mind! is it only the first time you have ever ordered chicks this will happen? or is it every order?? lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by