1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The waiting game!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Coop de Grass, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Coop de Grass

Coop de Grass Chillin' With My Peeps

I am now on Day 20 with my Broody hen - I got Bielefelder eggs in the mail, and Buff Orpington eggs 2 days later. Buffy is sitting on both kinds of eggs, I put the extra eggs in a Brinsea Mini Advance when they arrived. I candle the incubated eggs more, I candled the Broody eggs yesterday (Day 19) and could see 5 eggs with a large air bubble, but wasn't able to see movement. Ditto the eggs in the incubator. The other eggs are transparent although several have small darkish blobs. Nothing smells, so I am not sure if they are just younger eggs???

I am so antsy now that we are close. Buffy lets me lift her out of her Nest Box so that she can eat, drink, and socialize - she heads back within 15 minutes.

Should I stop moving her now? Or can I move her until I see pipping?

This is worse than being pregnant!!! The anticipation is killing me.[​IMG] hoping this emo is fingers crossed!

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    GOOD LUCK!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. Coop de Grass

Coop de Grass Chillin' With My Peeps

@nchls school , thank you!!! [​IMG] I will weed out the incubator eggs tomorrow. So far I have 4 chicks under Buffy, and I think that I saw one egg that was pipping! I am just going to wait to see what happens with her eggs. Hopefully she will be out of the nest soon.

[​IMG]I still so excited!. Watching those little chicks via the camera is a bit like staring at my 3 kids when they were first born. It is really amazing!

4. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

You're welcome. I hope I have helped so that you get a good hatch.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by