The war is over!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheMotherHen, Nov 18, 2009.

1. TheMotherHen

TheMotherHen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Finally my barred rock leader, Chiclet and her leghorn conspirator, Penelope have accepted the newcomer, Honey.
    We saved her from a dinner plate future and were upset to discover our girls HATED her. There have been a lot of beatdowns and worries but after a month it is turning out quite nicely! Look at them
    being friendly together! I am so proud.

Unfortunately, Chiclet seems to be having a problem with her legs today https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3203909#p3203909 but I am hoping she will be feeling better and out running around with her pals soon!

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    What pretty girls you have. It is funny how they sometimes do not accept newcomers and given time they are like old buddies.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It is always a relief when they all start getting along after the new hen is added, isn't it?!?! [​IMG]

They are all pretty girls! Congrats on have peace restored to your flock! [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Hmmm I dunno,,, Chiclet has that look on her face that says "I'm playing nice mommie,, see????? Just turn your back......."

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww, they're cute! So happy they are getting along now. [​IMG]

6. rosetinted

rosetinted Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2009
    England
    Ohh great news they are getting along now [​IMG]

7. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    They certainly look happy enough! Isn't it lovely when there is peace in the hen house?
    [​IMG]

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Congrats [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by