The weather alert radio alarm just went off

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, May 5, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Another severe thunderstorm watch for us - third one today. Why am I not surprised??????? [​IMG]
    Guess it beats the tornado warnings. [​IMG]

2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    *sigh* Those things are annoying! I lived in Virginia, and we had, like, 30 of them in the summer! And how many came true? 3. The rest were dark clouds. I swear, I must have aged a year from the stress! But yeah, that stinks.

3. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I hope and pray that nothing happens. Please be careful. And your storm is supposed to hit here tomorrow night - I just watched the weather.

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

hahahahha I love those warnings [​IMG]

Seriously, I live in a little wood-frame house that's been here for 60 years. Every room has an outside wall - even the closet. Every room has a window except the closet. There is no basement, no real inner room and no bathtub.

What's the point of sounding the alarm? Not much I can do about it.

So I stand on the porch and watch in true redneck style [​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Actually I love this thing. We bought it not too long ago. Not nearly as annoying as having to listen to a regular weather radio chatter away just to find out if there is a threat. This one only sets off an alarm if the threat is in the area you preset it for. It warned us about the two tornados a couple of weeks ago. 'Course I was outside at the time and heard those two anyways. [​IMG]
    Tala, I know how you feel. My SO keeps telling me that if we should get a tornado warning while he's working, I should head to the storm shelter out back. Hello!!!! The door to that shelter hasn't even been opened in 10 years! I don't mind snakes and spiders and other creepy crawlers but I'm not about to lock myself in an underground shelter with them.
    Me and Charlie dog will take our chances on the floor of the office closet thank you very much. [​IMG]
    Got to get that storm shelter cleaned out one of these days. [​IMG]

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Grab your nickers and run...

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    The old man will be home in a little more than an hour. I'll hide under him. He's way taller, lightning will hit him first. [​IMG]

8. mirecipes

mirecipes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    Hehehe, we like our "bubble" [​IMG]
    So far 2 tornados have "jumped" over us [​IMG] (edited to add :Since we moved here 4 years ago)
    Possibly more weather in the morning...
    If ya don't like the weather in Texas..Just wait..It will change [​IMG]
    There goes the weather alarm again...
    Hmmm..

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    so much for that honeymoon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by