1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The weirdest technique for scrambled eggs I have ever seen.

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Patience, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Patience

Patience Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    So I've been meaning to try this out for a while but I haven't gotten to it yet. What do you all think? Strange, no? I wonder how it would work with really fresh eggs...also, how long is "count to 20"? LOL! [​IMG]

Have any of you ever tried anything like this?

2. Patience

Jun 10, 2011
  3. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I tried something a little like that and it WAS A FAILURE!

I had just seen an infomercial on TV. It showed putting whole eggs (out of the shell) in boiling water. I thought hummm,I will do that with all these extra eggs I have. It will be so quick and easy. The dogs will get a treat. The chickens will get a treat. And mom (me) will get a treat because it is soo easy.

Ell fire! I dropped a bunch of eggs all at once into the boiling water. I was excited until I smelled something burning. [​IMG]

Darn eggperiment went bad.Still trying to get the burnt out of the pan. Don't try this at home. [​IMG]

4. Patience

Jun 10, 2011
    Quote:I tried something a little like that and it WAS A FAILURE!

I had just seen an infomercial on TV. It showed putting whole eggs (out of the shell) in boiling water. I thought hummm,I will do that with all these extra eggs I have. It will be so quick and easy. The dogs will get a treat. The chickens will get a treat. And mom (me) will get a treat because it is soo easy.

Ell fire! I dropped a bunch of eggs all at once into the boiling water. I was excited until I smelled something burning. [​IMG]

Darn eggperiment went bad.Still trying to get the burnt out of the pan. Don't try this at home. [​IMG]

Oh noes!!!!! I hope your pan comes clean. Yikes [​IMG]

I'm still going to try it though. [​IMG] But I won't come back and complain if I burn them...that'll be on me. Heh.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Sounds intriguing, I'm gonna try it.

Like egg drop soup. Bet the texture is great as the article said.

Imp's getting tired of fried eggs. [​IMG]

6. Patience

Jun 10, 2011
    Quote:Yes! It was the description of the texture that hooked me. I love soufflés but they always seem like too much fuss for just one person. I still want to know how long "count to 20" is. [​IMG]

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Yes! It was the description of the texture that hooked me. I love soufflés but they always seem like too much fuss for just one person. I still want to know how long "count to 20" is. [​IMG]

About 20 seconds

8. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I know what went wrong...on TV it was not said to have a whirlpool. lol

There's ppl who can cook and don't.Then there's ppl who can't cook but do. I think I keep switching. [​IMG]

9. Patience

Jun 10, 2011

About 20 seconds

But that would be count to 20 Mississippis [​IMG]

10. Patience

Jun 10, 2011
    Quote:Haha! I'm stealing that quote [​IMG] And I bet the whirlpool iswhat went wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by