The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pinkchick, Nov 29, 2009.

1. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    ................let's start talking Wellies!

Ready, set, GO!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    My one and only Wellie as a baby...she almost to POL now, but I don't have any new pics, cuz she's a wacko!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Calmest, nicest birds that I have. I have three young cockrels and three year old hens in a small pen. They get along good and I have never had a problem with any of them.
    Here is a picture from several weeks ago.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My Wellsummers are my favorite dark egg layers Hands down. They are the best layers! I am getting 5-6 eggs a (week) [​IMG] from my two girls and they are still dark and speckled! Just Beautiful Eggs! [​IMG] I will get the picture off my camera soon and post it on this thread. Glad you started this one up. Shhh I much prefer Wellsummers to Marans [​IMG]

Edited because Im a dummy [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I have to agree on the egg laying abilities. Mine always have eggs for me, every day. I agree, I MUCH prefer welsummers to marans, much better temperment. I had two of my own welsummer chicks hatch tonight [​IMG] . I will get pictures tomorrow, if I get the chance.

1 person likes this.
  6. TimG

TimG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:Them's some special hens!

1 person likes this.
  7. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    I have no Wellsummers but they are at the top of my list to get in the spring! I have already told and showed my wife what the next chickens will be. She said that was fine as long as I get her some Silkies at the same time;)

8. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA

[​IMG] I didn't even catch that the first time.

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont

[​IMG] Thanks for catching that for me ha ha very obvious I didn't read over my post

10. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    My Welsummers are some of the best layers I have. I am getting eggs almost every day from my 2 Welsummers. Most of the other breeds have slowed way down or stopped for the winter but these two just keep on laying. They would make the Everyredy bunny proud! [​IMG]

I have noticed that my Welsummers seem to be the smartest of all the breeds in my flock.

I am going to add 20 to 25 chicks to my flock this April. 3 - 5 of these will be Welsummers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by