The West Memphis Three.... Will Be Freed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sir Birdaholic, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Just heard on the news that they are prossessinging them to be freed as of right now. I thought they were scapegoats from the beginning! It's so sad such young boys had they're freedom taken from them, & now they have to face a new world as grown men.

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Terra will be thrilled!

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    The have been freed now.

4. Sir Birdaholic

18 years of their life taken away by our so- called judicial system. So sad!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    So, they were the victims of a 'railroading'?

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Yes, and I really do hope that they are still allowed to go through with the DNA testing that all three believe will clear their names.

7. Sir Birdaholic

Quote:They were told if they pled guilty, they couldn't be re-tried by the state, cause the lawyers told them that they could beat the original charges. Basically, they were tricked into pleading guilty.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    DNA, clear their names, remuneration. How do you pay/give back 18 years of a person's life???????

9. Sir Birdaholic

The judge that ruled over their trial got elected Senator, so he is no longer in charge of this case. If he was, they'd never be released. He wouldn't look at the DNA evidence in the boys appeal. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

My wife is 100% convinced they are innocent. She can go off on a three hour rant about it at the drop of a hat.

Myself... ehhhhh I'm not sure either way, I wasn't on the jury, didn't hear everything, just have to go on what I saw on the DVDs and the news. Our local news channel is Memphis, so heard a lot about it when it happened and during the trial.

I am convinced they never recieved a fair trial though. It was a farce and a shame to the South and to this country's legal system. The judge in the case should be tried for stupidity imho.

I too hope they follow through on the DNA evidence.

Those children were killed by someone, and someone should pay. Wouldn't it be nice if the DNA returned a hit on a known suspect?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by