The "What's for Dinner!?" Thread!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ChicknThief, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Serving something special for dinner tonight? Or is it fish sticks again [​IMG] Post your recipes, pictures and dinner stories here!

Last night I made an AWESOME pasta dish. I didn't have much to work with, and no recipe.

I wound up sauteeing 1lb mushrooms and 4 cloves of garlic in some olive oil and white wine (about 1/2c) until they were nice and happy. Then I added 2 cubed chicken breasts and sauteed them until they were cooked through. I threw in some 4 Cheese Rosa sauce and simmered for a bit. Then I added half cooked angel hair pasta and simmered until the pasta was tender. Then I tossed it all together with a container of grated fresh parmesan.

I was SO GOOD! The only thing I would change is that the chicken was a little dry. Also, be aware that the noodles soak up a LOT of the sauce. If I were to make this again I would double the sauce and use 12oz of pasta. It would also be good with bowtie or penne noodles [​IMG]

Your turn! [​IMG]

2. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I am having thanksgiving tonight. I was in the hospital having surgery on thanksgiving so my gammy is here taking care of me and my kids. She is making...

turkey
    cornbread stuffing
    rolls
    waldorf salad
    green beans w/bacon and shallots
    cranberry sauce
    mashed taters w/gravy
    sweet taters w/marshmallows my request lol
    pumpkin pie

3. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm making clam chowder, I think. I still have a leg quarter left over from a huge Cornish X I baked a few nights ago and I'm considering chicken soup instead.so many choices!

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Venison chili cooked all day in the crock pot!

5. peeplessinNC

peeplessinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    NC Piedmont
    I had a big pasta bowl full of Asian Cabbage Salad, but I used the broccoli slaw since I've had trouble finding napa cabbage here in my little 'burb. I added thinly sliced celery to the broccoli slaw which has carrots and red cabbage in it. Also added a whole bunch of scallions. Made the dressing that goes with this recipe - soy sauce, rice vinegar, oil, sugar, sesame oil. Topped it with the ramen noodles and sesame seeds sauteed in butter. Then I cheated and got some of Hardee's hand breaded chicken tenders, sliced them up and put on top to make it a dinner salad. Yummy!

6. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Quote:yummy

7. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Tonight I am making dinner burritos with Home made carne asada, home made taco rice, refried beans, lettuce, sharp cheddar, sour cream, and an UNGODLY amount of Rooster Sauce [​IMG] Ohhh my poor tummy is already gurbling....

Venison chili cooked all day in the crock pot!

I'm coming to your house!!! It has been unbelievably long since I had venison. Oh man I need to get my cert and hunting license.​

8. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Chili for dinner tonight - leftover from a couple days ago, it'll taste even better tonight!

9. OnceAroundTheBlock

OnceAroundTheBlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Western North Carolina
    I'm going over to moodlymoo's house and eat what her spoiled little brat chickens won't eat.......[​IMG]

10. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Quote:me too.................[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by