The WHOPPER egg **PICS** *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickybaby, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Chickybaby

Chickybaby Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    [​IMG] Seriously, if I hadn't seen this I would NOT believe it! My girls, Lt Brahmas, have been laying since the end of August. We've had lots, and I mean LOTS, of double yolkers lately. But I'm almost afraid to crack this egg! Here's the WHOPPER... [​IMG]

Here's an assortment of what we've been getting from 4 pullets... [​IMG]

This is the WHOPPER next to the next-biggest egg we've gotten... [​IMG]

It's too big for an egg carton... [​IMG]

The girls are just now consistently laying 3-4 a day between the four of them. I've got another 9 Brahmas (Darks and Buffs) due to start laying the first of December. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

Just had to share, I'm SO proud [​IMG] (like I have anything to do with it!)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    my can hurts just looking at it![​IMG]

that is awesome! look at all the eggs! yummy!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That really is a whopper. Here is a pic of our green one - we get em this big whenever she lays:

[​IMG]

4. Chickybaby

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    [​IMG] Hey, Debiraymond... what's that tiny one from? I've got some bantam Dk Cornish that should be laying soon. Is that what I can expect??? [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  5. debilorrah

No, that is my fart egg. I just remembered that there was one of those big green ones in there. I kept the fart egg.

6. Chickybaby

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    [​IMG] Oh, I've heard of those - no yolks, right? I haven't had any, yet. Keepin' my fingers crossed.... [​IMG]

7. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

HOLY COW. When you crack it open take a pic. I want to see what's in it.

8. debilorrah

I am going to keep it. Someone told me they dry out on their own without having to stick a hole in them because they are so small. I need to take a picture of that green egg from the sie - those suckers are HUGE. So is the bird that lays them though - her name is RoadRunner and she looks just like it. MEEP MEEP!

9. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    yea...I wanna see too....[​IMG]

10. Diva

Diva Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2008
    Salem Oregon
    What type of chicken is laying your green egg? I loved your name for the itty bitty one... [​IMG] Linda [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by