The wife booted them outside !!!

Struttn1

Songster
13 Years
May 4, 2008
Southern Illinois
Well she said they are beginning to reach the little stinker stage so the wife made me move the older poults to the outside brooder cage. They were very not happy but were beginning to settle in by yesterday evening. We even had a couple of the little Royal Pams strutting but only when the photographer was not ready.

The Bourbon Red is out of one of the eggs I got from Steve and the 5 Royal Palms I got from Spydertoys when we met in Paducah afew weeks ago. The Black Spanish mutt is either out of the older hen I sold or the hen I sold to Spydertoys. I think it is a Royal Palm/Black Spanish cross.

I have another batch hatching next weekend so I kept the two youngest mutts in the inside brooder to teach the new arrivals where the food and water is located.
big_smile.png

It was hilarious to watch them dipping, dodging and chasing the bugs that were coming to the heat lamp.
lol.png

100_0869.jpg

100_0870.jpg

100_0868.jpg

100_0866.jpg

I thought turkeys were supposed to be ugly. Those birds are as pretty as doves. Now I can't get any. Could never eat anything so cute!

Those are great pics, Struttn! What nice birds.
thumbsup.gif

I know with bugs -- their eyesight is so good even when little -- nothing, not even a fly, gets past them. Have fun with them...

I'm glad you posted the pics. A neighbor gave us turkey eggs and said they came from a black hen. Okay........so I researched and concluded that they were black spanish. They look just like your black w/yellow poult. We also have 3 Bourbon Red poults. My wish now is some Royal palms.

Back
Top Bottom