The Winter granny square swap.

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I received a pm from someone who gave these suggestions. My toes are fine.

However I suggested Coats and Clarks Super saver since it is a common yarn I have found at Joanns, Michaels, and AC Moores. I also suggested the final round be White or Blue since it will make things easy for us to put them together. Unless of course others feel they'd like to add a round to blocks received to increase the size of the square.

I am fine with NOT having a set final round if everyone agrees.

I suggested the Medium Priority sized box since some may wish to use this size and also because there are some who may do more than the allotted number of squares. I personally don't mind doing extra. My first swap required a medium sized priority box. We had 11 participants and many did double.

Six inch squares should go fast for me and others. Extras will assist those who wish to donate their blankets do charity. Perhaps the pediatric ward of your local Hospital. I personally would appreciate a soft, non baby type yarn.

I assumed everyone understood the concept of including return postage. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

"Winter Crochet Granny Square Swap" Hosted by yours truly.

Completion Deadline:
_1/31/13_____________~ All Squares must be complete and ready to mail!! When finished pm me and I will pm back my address.
Theme:
The colors of Winter.
Colors:
Whites, Grays, Blues & Dark Greens(think evergreens!)
Size: 6" squares (6"x6")
Pattern:
Any Pattern you like(finished squares must measure 6")
Yarn: Acrylic worsted weight
Number of Squares:
One square for each participant(including yourself).

Important Info:

When packaging your blocks make sure to include return postage. Send them in the most economical way. Include the full number of blocks for the number of swappers we end with, I will divide them and make sure everyone gets blocks from everyone else.

A few people had a hard time finding the "final round color" for the Fall swap, maybe it would be easier for some people if there wasn't a required color for the last round? just a thought.

Squares need not be packaged in separate bags nor labeled. Just pack them in tissue paper.

For beginners the basic granny square is fine. Solid squares in a winter color are fine.

1. Rancher

2. Bleenie

3. sebocat

4. Alethea

5. KreativeKat

6. Smkchick

7. Mainegigi

8. NCgrammy

9. Baustin

10. bama1

11. Chirmac

12. nachoqupie

13. Writer of words.

14. Smkchick 2

15. Sebocat too.

16 KreativeKat again?

17. Bama1 now 2 too.

18. Super Bleenie.

19. Ladyofspirit

Last edited:
I'm in! thanks again so much..
wee.gif

i would like to join the grannysquare swap it is my first one i just recently learned how to crochet however i have an awesome teacher bleenie is helping me as wellas teaching me

Hi Rancher,

Thank you for hosting this. I'm in if it's ok with everyone to be a little flexible. I don't know where I'll be at the end of January. It is possible I'll be overlooking the moors in the North of England far from the nearest post office and dependent on someone else to drive me there, so might be a little late. If that happens, I'll ship from there & not know what the return postage will be. If it would be ok with you to hold on to my squares until I get back (March?) & let me know what the postage is, I'll send it to you and get my squares then.

Hi Rancher,

Thank you for hosting this. I'm in if it's ok with everyone to be a little flexible. I don't know where I'll be at the end of January. It is possible I'll be overlooking the moors in the North of England far from the nearest post office and dependent on someone else to drive me there, so might be a little late. If that happens, I'll ship from there & not know what the return postage will be. If it would be ok with you to hold on to my squares until I get back (March?) & let me know what the postage is, I'll send it to you and get my squares then.

Well you just do what you have to, to stay involved. I can ship your squares to your home address from here. The flat rate will be $11.35 American or 7 pounds 10 pence or is it shillings? Just kidding. Of course if it's a lot to send them over the Atlantic, I'll pay for postage to your place. I'm just glad your in.

I'm excited. I went through all my yarn last night and found a lot of Blue scraps and got all my blues, grays and some whites pulled out for this swap. I found a really pretty variegated blue that goes from bright aqua to a dull, medium blue... there was enough to make 2 lovely squares. I have also decided to do a traditional granny square for all mine this swap.

I'm excited. I went through all my yarn last night and found a lot of Blue scraps and got all my blues, grays and some whites pulled out for this swap. I found a really pretty variegated blue that goes from bright aqua to a dull, medium blue... there was enough to make 2 lovely squares. I have also decided to do a traditional granny square for all mine this swap.

There is no law says you can't get a head start.
big_smile.png
You don't have to wait for the final sign up day.

Back
Top Bottom