The Wolves Quest

SisterChickens

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
Amarillo, TX
Chapter 1

Zakan felt Sorias poking his side and yelling “Zakan! ZAKAN!” He slowly got up “What do you want?” Sorias had a worried look on her face “Come quick, Cranigan is DEAD!” Zakan jumped up “How?!” Sorias slowly started walking outside “He was murdered” she said. Zakan went to the circle gathering around Cranigan’s bloody body with a vicious bite to his throat. The leader, Stonemoon was beside Cranigan “Tonight we mourn that our best fighter Cranigan has been murdered in cold blood, by one of our own, he now watches us as one of the moon spirits, now let us howl in our mourning” he said as he turned his head to the moon and let out a long mournful howl, all wolves copied him but Zakan and Sorias, they were frozen in shock. “Zakan, Sorias why aren’t you howling? Do you not grieve for Cranigan or did you do this?!” snarled another member of the pack called Saranian. “Yes, why aren’t you?” asked Stonemoon coolly. Zakan and Sorias stood still staring at the body of the wolf that taught them all they know. “Your leader asked you something!” snarled Saranian furiously. Zakan was the first to speak still watching Cranigan’s body like he was going to rise up and comfort him “I-I don’t know what to do to get you to believe me saying that we wouldn’t hurt Cranigan ever” Saranian leaped on top of Zakan “LIAR!!!” he said as he reached for his throat with his razor sharp teeth. Zakan moved his head and let his teeth fall on Saranian’s shoulder; his teeth sank down to the bone. When he released his hold on Saranian’s shoulder he heard Sorias barked “STOP THAT!!!” Zakan turned his head toward his sister and saw the other young wolves were closing in on her with shining teeth and growls. Zakan leaped into the closing circle and howled to his sister “Go!” then he saw her leap out of the circle and into the forest. He felt a huge bite on his leg; he yelped then leaped out and followed the way his sister had taken. Zakan zoomed through the forest following Sorias’s tracks then he ran into a furry body “Sorias!” he yelped happily. Sorias turned around and barked “Zakan, we have to go now! We got to find the real killer of Cranigan.” Zakan looked down “I know we do, I just don’t know where to look” Sorias nipped his ear “Come on, I know you do” Zakan laid down “Yes I do, but we need rest first.” Just then Sorias and Zakan heard a battle yelps and concluded that Saranian was leading a battle patrol after them, Zakan yelled “Let’s go!” then he darted through the bushes with Sorias at his heels and he heard her growl “Why does he never believe anything that other wolves say?” then she snarled a smart reply “He wants to be better than everybody, that’s why! Can we turn and fight him please?” Zakan turned his head still running “If you want to get caught and killed, yeah.” Sorias tried to bite his tail but he stopped, turned and growled “I have been thinking he doesn’t need the authority to hunt us down like lost rabbits, so yes we can fight him, let’s go!” Zakan started down through the forest with the speed of a cheetah giving a huge battle cry he charged in through the middle of the hunting patrol standing straight in front of Saranian. Saranian snarled “Why come here? You know we’ll kill you easily.” Zakan snarled with his fur bristling “Fight me yourself, or are you a wimp?” Saranian chuckled “OK, stand back boys watch how the real fighter’s do it.” As he said that he leaped at Zakan, but Zakan dodged the attack and gripped Saranian’s neck with his long, sharp teeth. Saranian threw his body onto his back and knocked the breath out of Zakan. Getting his breath back Zakan jumped up and got ready for an attack from Saranian, just as he suspected Saranian jumped for his throat but missed. Just then Zakan was thrown onto his side by another older fighter named, Breniman, then that gave Saranian a chance, he leaped onto Zakan sinking his teeth into Zakan’s shoulder, Breniman snarled “Why not kill him now?” Saranian growled through a mouthful of fur and blood, “Stonemoon wants him and his sister alive so he may have them as a sacrifice to the evil fire spirit” Breniman nodded his head “Ah, I see” Then Saranian released his hold on Zakan’s shoulder and Zakan whimpered trying to get up, finally he was able to get up and he bolted limping heavily on his injured shoulder, Sorias was behind him when she yelped in shock “Cranigan!” Zakan growled “What about him?” Sorias barked happily “He’s helping you, he’s helping you run!” Zakan looked onto his injured side and saw a faint shape of the wolf he looked up to the most, Cranigan. Zakan barked “Cranigan! Who did this to you?” Cranigan’s spirit howled quietly “That is for you to find out, you have to bring me justice, for now just run.” Zakan obeyed Cranigan’s orders and ran as hard as he could; he heard curses coming from the wolves behind him, Zakan snarled back at them “You’ll never catch us!” Zakan felt the soft fur of Cranigan fade and Zakan fell to the ground covered in white fluffy stuff, then he realized that it was snow. “How did we get here?” that was Sorias’ question when she realized where they were. Zakan laid down and replied “Cranigan” the Sorias laid down also “I wonder why he brought us here?” Zakan looked up “I think he brought us here to rest and for me to heal my shoulder” Sorias put her head on the ground and looked up “Oh, then I’ll get some rest” Zakan got up “I’ll be back in a little bit, I’m going to try to find some food” Sorias slowly closed her eyes “OK…” Zakan stalked off and soon found a big rabbit, he got down into a hunting crouch and slowly stalked forward, and then when he was about five feet away he leaped, and landed on top of the animal and finished it off with a swift bite, he buried it and went off to find more prey. Soon he had gotten about four rabbits and carried them swiftly to the spot where he and Sorias had made camp; he saw her sleeping soundly in the middle of a hole he had made for them. He dropped the prey in a pile close to the hole then he went over and laid down beside Sorias and closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep.

Should I do more?

Chapter 2

The next morning Zakan woke up to find snow had closed over his body, but he couldn’t remember what Cranigan had taught him about this. Then he heard a voice whisper in his ear “Throw yourself against the snow” Zakan did as the voice that he decided was Cranigan told him to and threw himself up and the snow exploded and fresh morning air filled his nostrils. Sorias was walking around sniffing the ground so Zakan walked over “Want some food?” Sorias looked up, licked his face and answered him with a loving tone “Sure” Zakan walked away to where he had buried the rabbits and dug them up to find them warm and juicy. “Here you go” said Zakan as he threw a rabbit toward Sorias “Thanks” Sorias barked as she tore into the rabbit, Zakan took one for himself and sat beside Sorias and started tearing the meat out of his rabbit bit by bit. Then he remembered his shoulder “What do you know about healing wounds?” Sorias looked up “Um… I know that cobwebs will help the pain, bleeding and offer protection to the wound, yellow flowers will help infection, that’s about it.” Zakan lied down and barked “Do you think you could do something with this shoulder?” Sorias whimpered “I don’t know where flowers grow; also I don’t think any cobwebs are in a place as beautiful as this” Zakan barked “Do you want to go and see if we can find some cobwebs at least?” Sorias started wagging her big fluffy tail “You mean adventuring to find cobwebs, YEAH!!!” Zakan slowly got up and started slowly toward the forest that was south of the camp they had made. Soon they were in the middle of the small forest staring at a glittering log. “What is it?” Sorias asked softly “I don’t know, I’m going to look inside” Zakan answered as he started walking toward the log. He looked inside and all of a sudden the log exploded and Zakan was thrown back against a tree, he lay there for a minute with his breath knocked out of him. Just then he thought Sorias!! He jumped up and saw her staring at the ground, he peered over his shoulder to look and where the log had been there was a huge pile of cobwebs, yellow flowers and huge piles of hay. “WOW!!” exclaimed Sorias, but Zakan stood still staring at the pile when he saw a figure appear and walk toward him “Hello Zakan, hello Sorias, you are safe here, this is the land of peace and healing, here time is frozen and the prey is rich and healing supplies are easy to find. You are probably wondering what my name is, it is Watcher of the Wolves or Watcher for short” Zakan and Sorias jumped back and yelped with shock “WHAT!!!!” Watcher tipped his head “I said my name was Watcher…” Zakan barked “Time stops here, what does that mean?” Watcher barked happily “I figured you wouldn’t understand that, it means that in the real world time is frozen so when you go back it will be at the same moment that you left so, now I will heal your wound and make a small camp for you to heal and regain your energy and I will also teach your sister how to heal injuries and sicknesses for you will need it to finish your journey” Zakan was about to say something but then he felt himself being lifted into the air and saw a flash of glittering stuff hover over his shoulder and just then he felt a shock run through him and he felt refreshed and when he was on the ground again he saw Sorias and Watcher walking toward the pile as he also saw a rabbit running before he could leap for it Watcher had leaped it and swiftly killed it.

Last edited:
pop.gif
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom