The Wonder Dogs! Pictures!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Apr 8, 2008.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Lily and Lucy posed for me this afternoon! Big goofy dogs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just wanted to share smiling dog pics!

2. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Awww! What cute dogs!

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Nice pics! Pretty dogs [​IMG]

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwww.....such beautiful sweet looking girls!!!!

5. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Thanks! I don't usually get good shots of them as they are always on the go. I wore them out with a rousing game of "get the squeaky ball". Thus the tongues hanging out. Silly girls! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Pretty girls. The second one reminds me of my Cody that we lost a few months back at the age of 12. He was 1/2 Boxer, 1/4 Retriever 1/4 Sheltie (they said, anyway) Had a mind like a steel trap and a very strong prey drive. What is your girl?
    [​IMG]

7. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Great pictures. I love the black and white ones especially. A tired dog is a happy dog!

8. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well, Lily, the brindle's mom was a random dog type dog (kinda like Benji), but there was a male boxer around the corner that mama dog was, ahem... friendly with. I've always assumed she's half boxer and half dog dog. She likes to chase things (specifically the cat). She really likes to chase things in the air- bugs, birds, invisible things only she can see. She's smart and neurotic.
    Lucy is definitely half boxer as mama dog was a boxer. Dunno about the other half. She has serious bloodhound tendencies though and handfulls of extra skin up around her neck. Other than that she looks boxer. [​IMG] I got her from a great boxer rescue in KY. She has a great prey drive when it comes to moles (the back yard is trenched!), but other than that she's a big wuss. She's a bit of a scaredy cat. I think she's actually fairly intelligent. She's just hardheaded and laid back. That would be the boxer, I'm sure.

Your Cody was a cutie pie! I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks like he was a great dog. I know you must miss him terribly. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thanks. Your girls are very pretty. They look like the type I'd be drawn to at Pet Adoption Days, LOL. Cody was a brilliant brain in the wrong body, that's for sure! I have another one, Kes, who is 10 years old. She is as submissive as he was dominant. She never barks and Cody was a complete noisemaker, a real communicator. Kes is 1/2 Golden Lab and 1/2 Pointer. When she is gone, I'll have no more dogs because with the prices of things, I just can't afford one anymore. If I can't care for a dog the way it needs to be, I'll not have one. Here is Kes (pronounced "KESS" after a Star Trek TV character)
    [​IMG]

10. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Great pix and lovely dogs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by