1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The (Wonderfully) Awful Christmas Gift

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LarryPQ, Dec 31, 2009.

1. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    In my family, we have a contest to see who can buy the ugliest, most useless, awful Christmas present. For many years, my dad has won. I have received:

1. 100-pound florescent patio pot with a painted lizard coming out of it,
    2. A remote control mammoth,
    3. A gallon of perfume (smells terrible) from a display,
    4. A garden gnome that looks like a dog with a goiter.

This year I gave my dad a wire-framed bald eagle on a stand. Each wire is beaded with holographic beads.

The DH decided to get in on the fun this year...but it got out of hand. [​IMG] ALL I got from him was chicken statues! I really needed socks.

Just so we're clear: I only collect chickens that make me breakfast.

The best (worst?) one is here:

[​IMG]

Edit to remove adult content

The statue itself is pretty, it just connotes a funny response from people.

**sniff** its beautiful...

Anyone else have something to share? Good or bad?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    hee hee

3. crzychickenlady

crzychickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    I'm HORRIBLY tacky about chickens and decorating my house with them....living or in statue form....

I love that one! LOL! [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    If you hold up a donut,and look in the center of it...see where they took that piece out? Ok, dead center of that is what I got for Christmas. Most horrible gift ever.... [​IMG]

5. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    We have a contest like that. We call it the cheesy gift exchange, and no one is allowed to spend more than $3. Whoever gets the most votes at the end wins a huge block of some nice cheese. I'll email the picture takers of the family to see if they have any photos I could post . . . we've had some doozies over the years.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    You should see my 9-foot 70's wicker orange couch with red and brown piping. I got it at a garage sale for $75 and put it in the entryway.

Men HATE it. Women OOOhhh and AAAAHHH over its uglines.

Tacky is gooood.

7. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Have you seen my love seat??? [​IMG]

No wicker, but definitely 1970's orange!!!!! UGLY ugly! Plus the legs fell off of it, so it's a lowrider now, and it's almost threadbare too, but dang it's COMFY and the price was right!! [​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Funnee.

Many years we buy white elephants in gift exchange. There is a dollar limit and sometimes the gifts are just outrageous.

Recently my nephew came with a nicely packaged gifit.

INSIDE: A jock strap, and wrapped inside the cup, chocolate covered nuts!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    [​IMG] Oh I wonder if I dare do this for my inlaws christmas gag gift....mmmmmm. I dunno. Crazy.....

ANyway,,,,,I love the statue!!!!!

I want chicken and rooster decor......but I just cannot find it around here. I only shop second hand stores and seems like all the ceramic makers are gone around here...... Before I had chickens, I saw it all the time,,,,,now only Pig statues and ceramics do I find!

So anyone that doesn't want their stuff, just send it my way..... Oh and after the last feed bill, I cannot pay postage, so if you know anyone heading to GA, just send it along with them.

Happy New Year.

10. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Laree - if you really hate the rooster statue....and it won't cause a breach in your marriage, you might be able to auction it off. On the other hand...it might be worth it to keep it around to let your hubby know that you appreciate his effort, even if he missed the mark.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by