the young agricultural entrepenure disscusion thread for young future

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Barred Rocks forever, May 31, 2010.

1. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    hi guys my name is marshall i figure we could all talkabout are future plans in the field of agriculture ( this does include breeding of house pets) wen i get older i plan on breeding birds for show quality and all have birds for egg and meat production possibly also breed french guinea fowl for meat and sell some quail eggs and meat id love to have a mature thread and not just ramble like those crazy pullet or cooky cockeral threads this is for people planing on starting a career in the field of agriculture i hope to learn from u guys maybe u can learn from me love to hear the livestock your produceing or plants your growing

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's wonderful to have dreams.

I'd love to be able to retire someday and raise chickens, have a milk cow, perhaps a pig or two.

But it's not to be.

Good luck with your plans and dreams, you are young, they are still possible.

3. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    well i do have a agriculture class next year [​IMG]

and WOW the title of this thread is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY long

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Making a living in anything poultry related is going to be a hard road to travel. "Chronic overproduction" has been a problem in American agriculture nearly since the beginning. It can be done, but it's not going to be an easy job or a particularly renumerative one.

All of that said though the skills and experience you will gain by succesfully breeding and showing quality birds will help you in just about any future career field you'll one day enter. It takes patience, responsibility, dedication, a willingness to defer a worthwhile payoff while you are paying your dues learning, and a considerable amount of analytical skill to produce good birds that people will want to buy. Make yourself a success doing this and you'll be ready to do the same in a field that will support you for the rest of your life.

5. crazyaboutchickens

crazyaboutchickens Live Long And Prosper

Apr 10, 2010
    Nowhere/Everywhere
    [​IMG]

6. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I raise netherland dwarfs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by