Their first night in the coop

WendyF

Songster
5 Years
Jun 9, 2014
Spokane, WA
My Coop
My Coop
Tonight marks the point in our new lives as a chicken family where we no longer have a tubby full of sweet fluffy girls brought in for the evening to fill our living room with warm, contented coos and gentle, placating trills. In the middle of the night, when I stumble to the kitchen for a drink of water, I'm going to miss those hopeful soft churps tempting me to lift the lid for some sleepy snuggles...our babies are all grown up :(.

Last edited:
I understand exactly what you're saying! Twice now I've had to move growing girls out to the coop and I sure missed them as babies in the house. Guess it's that "empty nest" syndrome, right?

On the other hand, that meant they were getting closer to laying eggs! Which is so nice once they reach that milestone.

P.S. Last night I stumbled across a thread about people that have house chickens and have been enjoying reading their stories. I'm not ready to try this yet myself but it's amazing how their chickens fit into their people-homes. Maybe you would like to read some of it too:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/299187/people-with-house-chickens

Back
Top Bottom