THEIR HERE!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Saltiena, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    No, i'm sorry, no pics yet!! but any way there here! i didn't think that they would come today, but they came at 7:00 am! i'm so exited! i identified most, but i can't find a free rare chick! they are bantam, so i thought that the rare one would be a standad? well doesn't matter i have one that i think may be a blue silky splash, could that be the rare one?? well they are so small and LOUD, but not like in pain, just cheerful, do i really need the temp to be 95 or can i just see what they seem comfortable with? mine is only at 90, but they are all equally sperad out and none are directly under the light, but they don't seem to hot or cold soo...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    If they're loud, they may be too cold. We recently split an order with someone and picked our chicks up in the evening. They were fine the first night, but really loud the next day. After I raised the brooder temp a few more degrees, they quieted right down.

I thought the brooder was fine the way it was. I went by the book, 2 thermometers and their sleeping patterns, which were dispersed, but they wanted to be warmer and complained until I fixed it! [​IMG]

3. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    okay thanks, it is 92 and they are pretty quit now, just a few cheeps now and then, but they seem situated, i think that they were just loud since they just got there! but they seem fine now

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That's good. They've had a pretty stimulating day and that was a big trip. I guess they just wanted to tell you all about it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by