theives...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tala, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Why scour the neighborhood and jobsites looking for "scrap"(cough cough) metal to steal when you can just go down to one scrap yard, steal theirs already sorted and cleaned, and then sell it to another scrap yard?
    [​IMG]
    I'm in a sour mood because my friend's scrapyard got broken into, and they killed one of his guard dogs. My dog is my best friend as well as guardian, so it just makes me SO mad and sad to think about one getting killed "in the line of duty"
    I guess better Daisy (the dog) than Bob (the human), but still. I hate to think about how Bob is feeling, not only his business getting broken into but losing his dog too.

Sorry for the depressing thread guys, I just had to talk about it.

2. Daisygirl

Daisygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    New Zealand
    [​IMG]
    why did they kill a dog to get at SCRAP METAL?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  3. sky68ou1

sky68ou1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    people are idiots! that is just so wrong to kill that poor dog. unless you have a very large truck hauling scrap isnt that great around here. they dont pay much. i know quite a few who do it and dont really even break even some days. im sorry for your friends huge loss.

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    My neighbor's kid pled "no contest" to a similar deed many years back. He and his buddies were stealing guns and sport supplies to sell for drug money. Not at all coincidental: My dog was poisoned a couple weeks before this crime. I think the kid was "practicing."
    Lord, it has been about a decade & this still upsets me greatly. One has to question the humanity in some people! [​IMG]

5. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    That is miserable and sad the dog got killed.

We are experiencing alot of theft here also. My friend's dairy farm....someone stole their big generator right out of the shed. dragged it a far way thru their corn fields, loaded it on a dirt side road of the fields and took off. they also stole alot of heavy duty extenstion cords and alot of smaller power equip.

down the road McAllisters dairy farm---a bunch of tractor equip was stolen....kinda same deal....out of the side sheds and drove out thru the fields.

And some people down the other way are building a new house, someone stole the brand new Trane heat pump being installed.

So I am being smarter, leaving a porch light on at night, locking up my camper cause that has alot of nice stuff in it, putting away my things out of sight and hoping for the best!

6. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    People stink...seriously. [​IMG]

7. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Some years ago some idiots around here wanted to start their own dairy. So the took some shortcuts. Stole a backhoe from the cemetary. Stole some high dollar heifers from Arlinda Farms, stole several semen tanks full of semen. They got caught. Don't remember how. They got free board and room at the Gray Bar Hotel for an extended period of time as I remember.

8. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    Three years ago I bought a vintage camper to restore. January of last year someone backed up in the yard and stole it. I just got it back a few months ago out from impound because the person who bought it from the thief went to DMV to get a title and the sheriffs dept. was notified. Now the person who bought it was found guilty with possession of stolen goods, and the thief was found guilty with the theft of it. I just sold it and made a killing. Do I feel bad for the purchaser? Nope, not at all, you buy a vehicle without a title and are stupid enough to not check the VIN history before assuming it is yours to do as you please, sorry!!! If you buy a vehicle without a title, it is not yours, a bill of sale means nothing to the courts if someone holds a legitimate title. I never have, or never will buy a vehicle without a title, I'm not going to prison for anyone!!!

Marty

9. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Its getting depressing with all the breakins lately. We have had 3 in the last few weeks. The thieves are hitting vacant homes up for sale. An elderly women around the corner who was put in a nursing home really got hit bad. They broke in her home stole a large screen TV, three other smaller TVs her washer and dryer,the central air unit and a new recliner. Anoather older neighbor lost his riding lawnmower and wood working tools. Then yesterday the house next to ours was cased. Someone tried to break into thier shed They peeled the door open but didn't get to take anything. I called the people as they now live out of town. I was hoping the realtor could come check the property out but I didn't see anyone. I have a feeling that shed will be empty today. We live in a very secluded area deep in the woods so its easy for thieves to hit when its do dark and easy to elude neighbors. Lately my dogs have been staying outside at night (their choice) when I hear the barking for no apparant reason I am up and checking around.

10. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    My FIL's property he was renting out was broken into a couple years ago. The renters had moved out and the place wasn't empty for two weeks before crackheads came in and TRASHED the house, looking for copper pipes. They broke into my hubby's truck that he was storing there and stole all of his tools, and they attempted to break into the shop but thankfully they couldn't get in. They kept coming back repeatedly to trash the house even more, it was just stupid.

Later that year the house me and hubby were renting was robbed too. It could have been a lot worse, my husband actually came home while the woman was in our driveway. She pretended that she was wondering if the house was for sale. He was puzzled and told her noooo.... what are you doing here? She got in her truck and drove off and it was then that he saw into the back of her truck and saw some of our stuff in there! He hopped in the car and went chasing after her but she got away. She took the dumbest things that were of any value from our yard. The hose (one of those thick red heavy duty ones), our BBQ and propane tank, some copper pipe that was on the grass from work that had been done in the bathroom, and scrap metal from a truck my hubby was gutting out. Its a good thing he came home or else she would have probably gotten in the house and stolen things that were much more valuable.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by