thelma...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shadust1, May 9, 2011.

1. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    so i put all the chicks out yesterday for awhile since it was beautiful outside.....the ducks were also out..i have a fence around a pool for the ducks and some grazing area then i have a little section attached to that for the chicks...lol...so when it was getting really windy out so i decided to put the chicks back in there coop...so got over the fence(with the help of my boyfriend because the fence is 3 feet high and i dont wanna trip over the fence) picked up two of the babies..handed them to my boyfriend..he took them into the coop...he came back over...i went to lean over to pick up my two silkies when THELMA [​IMG] flew up over the fence into the duck area and landed smack into the pool with the ducks [​IMG] the ducks threw a fit...thelma was flapping her arms like she was drowning and me(mind u i had to have help getting over the fence so my foot didnt was get tangled and fall flat on my face) [​IMG] i flew over that fence like it wasnt even there... [​IMG]...grabbed thelma and i think i had a heart attack..[​IMG] lmao...ran into the garage to grab something to wrap her soaking wet body in..jeff comes in and hands me paper towels.. lol..im like thats not gonna work i need a towel....so i grabbed the sheet that was lying there and went outside and wrapped her in it and held her until (i) was calm..lol...she just layed there enjoying the snuggle..lol...not knowing that chickens can be bathed....[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] thank god my baby is alright!!! [​IMG]

2. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by