There’s a bitch in my backyard

Paz

Crowing
Jul 15, 2022
The Middle East
So, not too far from my house there’s a family of five and a female dog. She’s in heat. She is really into my dog. Every time she’s in heat, she comes to my backyard.
My dog is half her size. So far they’ve never had any puppies. My dog received a stool chair from her family. He doesn’t use it. He doesn’t even know where to point his Willy at.
I think we should probably not let them meet when she’s in heat, but the bitch thinks otherwise. She has many powers, one of which is escaping any jail she’s being put in.
Why won’t she visit my neighbor’s dog? He’s the same size as her! It would make much more sense! He most likely knows what he’s doing.
Also it’s a bit annoying…

I would talk to whoever dog it is. There's many leash laws in states. If it becomes too much of a problem and the owners wont listen you can call the dog warden.

I read about a family that had a female Rottweiler and wanted to raise baby Rottweilers. The trouble is, she would have nothing to do with any of the male Rottweilers she was introduced to. She was in love with the miniature poodle that lived down the road and he with her. Eventually she had a litter of Rottwoodles. Exactly how they made this work, I have no idea, but love will find a way.

You should definitely not let them meet. I would go as far as to take the bitch back to her home every time she turns up. Tell the owners not to let their dog roam around, and if they won’t stop her, call animal control or the equivalent about a dog at large. I absolutely guarantee there is a containment method she can’t escape out of, they just have to be responsible enough to find it. There’s already too many dogs being created irresponsibly with no thought to their health or temperament, there’s no need for them to let her wander around like that.
You could also maybe mention to them if there’s a spay/neuter clinic in your area.

I read about a family that had a female Rottweiler and wanted to raise baby Rottweilers. The trouble is, she would have nothing to do with any of the male Rottweilers she was introduced to. She was in love with the miniature poodle that lived down the road and he with her. Eventually she had a litter of Rottwoodles. Exactly how they made this work, I have no idea, but love will find a way.
I have seen bigger dogs actually like down flat so that the small ones can mate them. This is how I have seen it done.

You should definitely not let them meet. I would go as far as to take the bitch back to her home every time she turns up. Tell the owners not to let their dog roam around, and if they won’t stop her, call animal control or the equivalent about a dog at large. I absolutely guarantee there is a containment method she can’t escape out of, they just have to be responsible enough to find it. There’s already too many dogs being created irresponsibly with no thought to their health or temperament, there’s no need for them to let her wander around like that.
You could also maybe mention to them if there’s a spay/neuter clinic in your area.
They know there’s a spay place literally fifteen minutes walking from here. I have absolutely no idea why they haven’t done that already, she’s not even pure breed or anything.
I made them keep her inside the house as long as she’s in heat. When she’s not, I don’t mind her here, they like to play together.

I also don’t mind too much if they have puppies, because they will be good looking, good behaving dogs and people will take them. But since they’re not the same size, every time they try to have babies, it’s just very annoying. The puppies won’t be pure breed too, so that’s kind of illegal, unless it’s caused by mistake, and I know it can be prevented, so no mistake there.
On her first period when she came, I jokingly sent with her a letter to when she goes back home, read: “if you want my handsome Sergei to sleep with your Naala, please send a stool chair with her next time, he doesn’t need to work so hard.”
Guess who got a stool chair…

I also don’t mind too much if they have puppies, because they will be good looking, good behaving dogs and people will take them. But since they’re not the same size, every time they try to have babies, it’s just very annoying. The puppies won’t be pure breed too, so that’s kind of illegal, unless it’s caused by mistake, and I know it can be prevented, so no mistake there.
On her first period when she came, I jokingly sent with her a letter to when she goes back home, read: “if you want my handsome Sergei to sleep with your Naala, please send a stool chair with her next time, he doesn’t need to work so hard.”
Guess who got a stool chair…

Still not a great idea, I’d do your absolute to prevent it, seeing as you don’t know the health history of the dog, and they are not being intentionally mixed for working ability or to improve the health of a pure breed by outcrossing. I love mixed breeds, but not when they’re randomly mixed. Idk what country you’re in but if it’s illegal to mix breed well; as you said, you have admitted you wouldn’t mind, and the other owners seem jokingly intentional about it. At least they’re trying to keep her indoors. I’d mention the spay clinic to them if you see them/have a conversation about the dog again

Back
Top Bottom