1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

There are NO chickens in my house!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Henrietta23, May 31, 2008.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    They are all in the coop!! We have the 11 little girls (7 weeks old yesterday and last Tuesday) in the big dog pen inside the coop. We covered it so they can't fly out and the big birds can't fly in. George the silkie roo is still in the dog crate and the two big hens and Oliver, my other young roo are in the free area of the coop and able to free range. That will work for now until we can build a separate room and part of the pen for the little ones. I'm hoping to integrate George into that group and eventually get them all together. We are thrilled to have our computer room and DH's workshop chicken, duck and incubator free for the first time since early February! Woohoo! Pictures soon!

2. mtcougar832

mtcougar832 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Northwest Montana
    Same here - mine went to the chicken coop Thursday night! I still need to build the run but we both have more space now. I keep having to go out and check on them though.

3. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:LOL, me too!! I've been out there every half hour since we moved them. They look at me like I'm nuts! George looks at me like, "what, don't you trust me with your girls??" [​IMG]

4. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

They're in the coop,
    I'm jumping hoops

and the best thing is
    They took their poops!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:ROFL!!! Soooo true. Mostly I'm glad to get the dust out of here. I think we'll be cleaning for months!
    They were not happy to experience their first thunderstorm out there in the coop! :eek:

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  6. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I'm hoping next weekend will be warm enough. #&)*#$# cold New England nights!

7. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good for you,
    i now have 26 chicks (and Holding),
    They are 5 days old, Had them for 4,

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yayyy you. I don't have chickens in my house either. I have turkeys. [​IMG]

9. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:[​IMG] That would send DH over the edge here. We'll probably have any that hatch at school here for a day or two at the most. He's prepared for that.

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG] Hooray for you! Anyone want to come help me build about three buildings so I can do the same?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by