There are still really cool people out there.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Dec 15, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Ok so saturday... My DH was out with one of the boys so I decided to take the rest out to breakfast at waffle house..

Trotting in with 4 kids..

The guy behind me was like ... wow are they all yours?? Im like yes they are... I didnt mention the other two kids (DH included) that were not present..

Anyway he was like how wonderful.. and kept patting my little ones head.. (that kind of stuff really doesnt bother me, but I do have limits) He was telling me that one of my sons looks just like his grandson.. our food was comming so it got crazy and I didnt pay much attention at that point..

He said merry christmas and left..

I went to pay my bill and the server explained to me .. that man paid our bill and wanted to tell us merry christmas.. He was an older man that had been having breakfast with his wife...

I started crying right there on the spot.. (we have been really broke and I was using christmas money given to us from my parents to take them out)

I have been praying for God to bless this man 10 fold for his generosity...

Im crying again..

2. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    WOW. Don't you love that? Just pay it forward someway [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that is awesome! by being kind to his reply, you were blessed. no need to be snarky, kindness was given and received.

ah, ten fold on him indeed!

Merry Christmas!

BTW...your inbox was full....is it still?

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

That is so cool! Helps make me feel good about people still.

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

THAT IS NICE!!
    you know what makes you feel good to?When you are at a place in life you can do that for others. I do that a couple times a year It makes me feel good. when you just go & don't ask for a thanks from any one feels even better
    Dan

6. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That is SO nice! What a wonderful treat for you! I agree, pay it forward. [​IMG] I think I would have broken down, too. Makes me teary reading about it. I hope your kids always remember that (the ones that are old enough to).

Thanks for sharing your story. It really gives me hope, you know?

Shelly

7. Tn Gamebirds

Tn Gamebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

how nice ...goes to show that they are still a few good people left in this world

He'll be blessed for it

8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

with the kind of man he is,,,,, he already got it back 10 fold,,,, the "giving" feeling was his reward [​IMG]

9. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

what a wonderful thing!

and yes, it is nice to be able to "pay it forward" when you are in a position to be able to do that. Hubby did that for an elderly lady in the grocery store last Christmas. She didnt have enough money to pay for her groceries and the clerk said to her "you'll have to put some items back". Hubby wasnt really paying attention at first as he was unloading his cart - then he started to listen to the clerk (young girl [​IMG] ) giving this lady a hard time when the lady said she needed these items - couldnt the young girl just give them to her - as she was on a limited income, and it was only $2.00 over. The girl just rolled her eyes and said "Uhm.. no - you'll have to decide what you want." Hubby asked the clerk how much her bill was - it was like $70.00 and he just paid it right there on the spot - and said "Merry Christmas."

The lady just looked at him and stared like he had 5 heads - then she started to cry. She was probably about 85 years old - then she walked up to him and hugged him, while still crying and said "that was the nicest thing anyones ever done for me. God Bless you child."

He looked at the girl behind the counter and told her "next time someone is $2.00 short - think about what I just did - and remember it only takes a moment to do a random act of kindness."

Then he walked out...and the girls mouth was agape.

What a man... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  10. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Those were 2 awesome stories. Thank you both for sharing.

I think we all need to be reminded that there are wonderful, thoughtful people out there.

We need to be reminded even more that we can be those people.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by