There are tons of our feathered friends in shelters =[ but wait............. we can help!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TammyTootles, Sep 25, 2012.

1. TammyTootles

TammyTootles Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    Go to www.petfinder.com and search for perfectly adoptable chickens [​IMG] n your area =] ..Give these little birds their second chance!!! [​IMG] Just enter in chicken under the breed and lets start adopting :) Who knows you may find a four legged friend as well [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I found 2 of my dogs on petfinder - great resource.

3. TammyTootles

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    It truly is :D you can adopt all kinds of critters on there....

4. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Argh! Why did you post that?! I just spent an hour looking at and inquiring on animals i do not need.

5. WinklerFarms

WinklerFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota

No kidding, one place not far from here even have a few breeds up for adoption I am looking for. Thanks! I am going to get these birds out of the shelter and onto a farm like they belong.

6. WinklerFarms

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota
    Nevrmind I guess, they won't adopt any out more than 90 miles from their place. The terms of adoption say the birds cannot be used for breeding, egg production for profit, or slaughter, so basically using a chicken like the farm animal it is. They want all their birds to become someone's pet. It's too bad...

7. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I never got that far I looked and noticed everything was just too far away, but I think they stipulate no breeding for all animals but the problem is not all rescues are listed on all sites and the local animal shelters aren't on there either and they might have chickens or other farm animals but I wonder the adoption costs on them as well I knew one rescue focused on dogs but they did get occasional other animals just because sometimes someone had 20-30 dogs 2-3 cats and a few other animals and the rescue took the whole lot rather than have the shelter put all the dogs down because they'd be so overwhelmed with animals.....

8. TammyTootles

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    I am pretty sure that the breeding thing is just for mammals ...you cant neuter or spay birds...lol so I would call them and just check into it. besides they are much better off on a farm than in a shelter =]

9. TammyTootles

May 30, 2012
    Bridgeport ,Texas
    lol.... i am the same way [​IMG]

10. WinklerFarms

Aug 17, 2011
    Central Minnesota

Not quite, the place is called chicken run rescue. All they do is shelter chickens so There is no confusion

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by