THERE HERE my roosters are here!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hsm5grls, Jan 17, 2008.

1. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    After 4 days in the "care" of USPS my roosters are here. The got here around 8:30 this morning and seem to be healthy and energetic. They are crowing like no body's business LOL.
    They are so big and beautiful. I am so happy they are finally at there new home and happily strutting around there run.
    I have been waiting so long to hear a rooster's crow in my yard and now two of them are crowing away I LOVE IT!!!! They are much better crowers than my DH LOL.
    Here they are
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thank you sooo much KRturpie for the boys and the care you gave them I am so happy to have them. They will live out a long and happy life here with us.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    They look great I am so happy that they came safley.

Henry

3. hsm5grls

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    ok i could't resist so here are two more pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Itsme

Itsme Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    NW Wisconsin
    What beauties!!

Congratulations [​IMG]

What breed are they?

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    wow they are beautiful. Congratulations.

6. hsm5grls

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    They are partridge rocks. I am planning on breeding them with my partridge girls in the spring and hatch out a few. They are so beautiful I'm sure they will have beautiful babies. Plus I just love hearing roosters crow. It is like hearing a fireplace crackle to me...comforting.

7. elliemb

elliemb Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Very nice....I love hearing a rooster crow too!!

8. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    They are very pretty!

9. krturpie

krturpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2007
    Maryland
    hsm5grls,

Wow! What an ordeal. I was disappointed that they shipped late... but, to Tampa, FL! Good grief! USPS was very apologetic and said that this is rare, but I am concerned with some policy issues. I might post something about it later.

Anyway, I am so glad that they finally got to Tucson in one piece this morning. It was also good that we could coordinate to get them to where they needed to be. Thank you for getting them water and care as soon as possible. They really look happy in their new home.

Btw, jeaucamom asked me for fertilized eggs, but our pullet is only just starting, so we missed out on that opportunity. But, if you have any extra, you might contact her.

Wow! So, they ARE both crowing. My DD said as much, but I didn't believe her. I guess that they really do get along well. Their sister missed them almost immediately. She kept poking her head in the coop looking for them and I think that she's had a panic attack or two since. But, she has some new girlfriends to keep her company and they seemed to getting along fine.

I had promised some farewell pictures that I took last Sunday before their journey and here are a few.

First here are the brothers looking quite dapper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is a shot with Buttercup (can't leave her out):
    [​IMG]

Here's my DD standing by their old home, where they grew up:
    [​IMG]

Which right now looks like this (they're so lucky to be in the sunny SW now):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is on the inside,
    [​IMG]

You can see Buttercup, our PR pullet, and two EE's we got from Crunchie. It's just below freezing, but is supposed to warm a tad and start raining later. Blah. The reddish glow that you can see inside the coop is a heat lamp, which has only raised the temp to about 35 degrees. Overall, it's a lot warmer today than before. Good thing that we boosted our chicken's corn intake. I guess that the roos can ramp down from that now.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  10. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    So glad they arrived FINALLY and in good condition!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by