There here. New chicks.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicknduck, Jan 31, 2011.

1. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I got a call at 5:30 this morning.... of coarse I immediatly head to the post office. [​IMG] Didnt sleep well cause my little was up with bad cough off and on all night. Well here they are.......[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They are from Murry McMurry hatchery This is the 25 browwn egg layer assortment. Any gusses on what they are? This is the list of what they may be.
    Black Australorps;
    Lt. Brahmas;
    Dark Cornish;
    Black and White Giants;
    Buff and White Orpingtons;
    New Hampshire,
    Rhode Island Reds,
    Barred, White, Partridge, Buff Rocks;
    Delaware, Sussex,
    Turkens;
    White, Silver Laced, & Columbian Wyandottes,
    Red Star and Black Star.
    I am so excited I am gonna be checking in on them and watchingthem all day.... HE HE HE

2. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I do know that it is too early to tell what breed I am just so excited. Oh and I no none are turkens.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Congratz they are so cute,im waiting on some of mine to hatch so I can have some fuzzy butts.

4. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    Congrats!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] They are so cute!! Wish I could tell ya what they are, but can't. Please pray I get my call today?? [​IMG] I want them so bad!!!

5. gaduke

gaduke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    S.W. Kentucky
    [​IMG]

6. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    It was only 9 degrees this morning when I went to get them, We did have a few dead but It was just so cold and it seemed like the littlest ones so. Pretty sad about that but everyone else is doing great so far.

7. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    Where are you? That's super cold!! We are in the mid 40's here in North Plains Oregon! Sorry about the loss of some of your fuzzies. [​IMG] As long as all the others are ok..[​IMG]

8. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I am in PA and that is very cold for us. The others seem fine 3 were DOA and one was barley breathing I tried but all I could do was hold it closeto me while it passed. I even took a blanket to the post office and wrapped the box till I got to the car. The ones that passed seemed to be the smallest ones of the bunch.

9. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    Okay I will give it a shot;

If the black have gray legs, pink feet, and white wings coming in they are Australorps, if they have yellow legs and white edging on the wings they are BRs, and if they have black beaks they are probably black stars.

The gray and white chick in the bottom left looks like a Colombian Wyandotte, does she have a straight or pea comb?
    The gray one in the top left looks like a White giant.

The dark red one in the center looks like a Partridge rock, and right above it I think is a silver laced wyandotte.
    The one with her head behind the thermometer looks like a Sussex.

10. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    I have no idea but it looks like they've included a pretty good variety!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by