There Here !!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bucklev, Apr 24, 2009.

1. bucklev

bucklev Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    Kenduskeag,Me
    At last after months of planning the great chicken experiment has begun.This is my first chicken experiance and until the post office called at 7 this morning i wasnt even nervous....how things have changed.So many questions....are they alive yup are they healthy yup they started to eat and drink the second they hit the brooder is it warm yup are there 25 yup 26 near as I can tell now what are they....I have no idea yee haw this is gonna be fun hopein to get pics soon as I figure out that process. Just wanted to also take the time to thank Tyler of Purely Poultry the chicks look great cant wait till the next time I can convince the wife to let me order more.This forum has been so helpful and I look forwarding to learning as much as possable from all you expeianced chicken lovers....wish me luck.

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rim

3. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Can't wait to see pics! [​IMG]

4. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    I appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with all your poultry needs. If your wife will allow you some more chicks let me know.

5. bigdogmom130

bigdogmom130 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Congrats on your new chicks! I only bought 4 - I couldn't imagine 26!!!

[​IMG]

6. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    [​IMG] Congrats on your new little additions!!! I'll be watching and waiting for pictures. [​IMG] Also - [​IMG] and [​IMG] for joining the club!!! [​IMG]

7. tulie13

tulie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Florida
    That's cool! [​IMG] I just put our first 24 out in the coop a week-and-a-half ago, and bought more to fill my "empty nest" (bathtub). [​IMG] I now have 8 more in the tub, ready to go out with the others in about 3-4 more weeks. So I have 32 total, and this is my first "chicken experiment", too. See you around the forums with more newbie questions! [​IMG]

8. purelypoultry

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    You can ask me for help at any time with how to raise your birds.

9. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    cant wait till the next time I can convince the wife to let me order more

LOL, most of the time it is us wives trying to convince hubby!

Welcome

Cheri​

10. purelypoultry

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    I would say its probably in both directions equally. I had convinced my wife before we were engaged that I was allowed to have as many birds as I could afford as long as we are financially sound.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by