There HERE!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bobdmann, May 6, 2009.

1. bobdmann

bobdmann Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Chesterville O-H-I-O
    Thanks to 4H mom They are HERE![​IMG] my family has got 3 beautiful chickens(2 ladies and 1 roo).Our advatar is a pic of the our new family members.Does anyone out there have Bantam Buff Brahams?Our roo hasn't been going into the coop or sitting on his perch instead he's been sitting in front of the coop door at night and everytime one of the ladies goes inside the coop he get in front of the door.Is this common:confused:?Is he just doing it to protect his girls?We are thinking about adding a couple more pullets to the flock should I stick w/the same kind or can we get a different kind?I'd love couple that are the black and white.
    [​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I can tell already, You're going to need a bigger coop! [​IMG]

3. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:For sure! [​IMG]

4. bobdmann

bobdmann Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    Chesterville O-H-I-O
    The coop in the pic was 4H mom's.Our coop is a really large older rabbit hutch and the fenced in area is 14feetwide 13feetlong and 8feethigh They have plenty of running room:weee.that should be good right??My husband is also making 2 more coops so I can get more ladies??We just got our first egg on Sunday:ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by