There is a critter in my house!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PlymouthRocker, Dec 1, 2009.

1. PlymouthRocker

PlymouthRocker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    I have officially fired our three cats! They just watch as the little rodent runs around our upstairs looking for a way out. It looks like a chipmunk, but doesn't have stripes or a bushy tail. Arghhhh! I hate the thought of it running around while I'm sleeping.

I'm hiding the cat food right now.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Does it have a long hairless tail??

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Wait! Do you mean cats are suppose to eat something other than the very expensive food I put in their dishes on demand several times a day???? [​IMG]

Edited for spelling. Dang! Someone let me know when my brain gets back from vacation please. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

You're on BYC and surprised you have a critter in your house??? LOL I call all my kids "critters" so.... I was expecting that you had gotten a new pet!

That's awful about the rodent problem, er your lazy cat problem.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I try to catch mistakes, but I missed yours!!!!

6. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Ugh, I hate that. I would rather walk alone down a dark alley in the worst part of town at 1am on a Friday night than even SEE a critter in my home. I only had one cat that would catch em. The other cats sat there licking their paws lazily as the critters would run in circles around them.

But.... I recall a story where someone's cat brought them a gift in the middle of the night- and it was still alive. So maybe better the cat doesn't catch it.
    Yet, at the same time, I remember reading the Little House on the Prairie books, and a mouse was chewing on Pa's hair..

So, when we have a critter, I will only go to bed with the doors shut tight - cats out of the room, wearing a hat..

7. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Mine like to leave presents on the bottom step, so when I come out barefoot in the summer squinting in the sunlight . . . [​IMG]
    I think there's worse things than alive critters [​IMG]

8. PlymouthRocker

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    Quote:No, not hairless. Fuzzy. I thought it was a mouse at first, but the tail is too short and fuzzy. Then I thought it was a chipmunk, but there is no striping. And the face looks a little different - - - in the eyes somehow.

9. PlymouthRocker

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    Freaking out here. I've procrastinated going to bed as long as I can.

The cats will be hungry - I took their food dish away.

10. PlymouthRocker

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    Quote:I remember other things from the Little House books - - - totally selective memory for me. Critters creep me out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by