There is a Rooster in the hen house

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sunday, Sep 27, 2012.

1. sunday

sunday Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2012
    Back in the spring i got 6 so called hens atleast that is what i was told well well guess what at least 2 are Roosters .... Now i have to hurry and build a place to put them .... Iam not healthy enough to do it by my self ... Not happy at all....But where their is a will their is a way... At least that is what my dear mom always told me .... So here i go i would say wish me luck but i dont beleve in luck so pray for me .... I am going to need it .
    ANY SUGGESTIONS ????

2. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    You could rehome them. That is what I may have to do if I end up with more than one roo. Out of my five 7 week olds I am pretty sure one is a roo. I will keep him with my girls because he is really pretty and I like his personality, but anything beyond one will have to go.

3. sunday

Sep 21, 2012
    THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTION .... I JUST TALKED TO MY NIECE AND SHE IS GOING TO TAKE ONE OFF MY HANDS ... SHE ALSO HAS A HEN HOUSE FULL OF HENS ... SO THIS WILL GIVE HER A ROOSTER FOR WHEN SHE GETS READY TO RAISE SOME CHICKS

4. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    That is wonderful. I am glad it worked out so nicely for you both. [​IMG]

5. sunday

Sep 21, 2012
    Hello .... i need to know a little about the male sex link .... does all the males have black tail feathers... and does all the females have white tail feathers .... please hurry and tell me .... HELP

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by