There is Food in the Garage (Impatient Chickens)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WestminsterHens, Jan 13, 2013.

1. WestminsterHens

WestminsterHens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Unauthorized use of the dog door! Sneaking into the garage to get chicken feed! I should have never trusted you!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    LOL too cute!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

That is exactly why I have an electronic pet door, so only my two dogs and the cat (wearing thir collars) can use it. I have chickens hanging around the pet door trying to figure out why it won't open for THEM. If a house door is open, those chickens will sneak in to eat dog food... Until one of them objects.

Smart chickens you got, too!

4. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    Oh, those are clever chickens you got there! I always wondered why people think birds are dumb, when us chicken folk know better!

5. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    That is such a funny photo - that naughty fluffy butt sticking out.

6. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    Oh, that's great! So funny, thanks for sharing!

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    That's too funny! You caught her in the action!

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Haha!! [​IMG]

9. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    OMG, my husband and I are rolling. [​IMG]

My BO's know that treats come from the garage too. I have to close the door behind me but I forget or refuse because I'm afraid of getting locked out. One time, I was cleaning out their house and waterer, so I was back and forth. I went into the garage to get something and heard a strange sound. I stopped and looked around and then heard it again. My BO had used my husband's weight bench to get up onto the work table where I have a meal worm farm. A meal worm farm that didn't have a lid.

She was standing in the middle of the farm PIGGING OUT!!! I picked her up and thought her crop was going to bust open. She must have eaten a few hundred meal worms before I found her.

Needless to say, I finished my chores outside and immediately made a lid for the meal worm bin so that never happened again. But to this day, she still follows me into the garage EVERY TIME I go in there.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I hope all those meal worms didn't cause any tummy aches, I don't think they have a pepto bismol for chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by