There is just not enough!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Jan 29, 2009.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG] There isnt enough money to pay all our bills.. It is just some type of fuzzy math problem.. you know the kind ..

if train A leaves the station going east on track 1 at 5 and train B leaves the station going west on track 1 at 5 what time will they collide..???

it doesnt matter they will eventually collide..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Yeah after we pay rent we have $200 left for a few groceries and to smog the truck which is $100. Very little to go on for the week. I am so glad I stocked up on chickens and ground beef last week!

3. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    we have a bunch of deer meat and tons in the pantry.. but lets just say I had a little issue with my water today..

But we are not cold or hungry..

4. debilorrah

We are not cold or hungry, but we are rather frustrated with the gas bill and the electric bill both doubling this month for no good reason. We are also frustrated that we both make a good salary, have little to no debt and are still having a hard time making ends meet. Too many surprises that keep popping up - $228 dollars for smog and DMV fees this month, plus Ken's faux paus with the bank account.....

5. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:yes.. yes.. this one rears its ugly head with my husband all too often..

6. debilorrah

He knows how steamed I was over it, and is grateful I didn't choose to box his ears. That mistake and the car this month is $370 dollars in unexpected bills. That would have been a nice weekend in Big Bear.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Just our gas bill was over $300 for December. Not to mention everything else. Luckly, we split it 3 ways. But my part was still over $200 for the month. Then the groceries, animal feed, school supplies, braces, the list goes on, but the money doesn't. [​IMG]

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    right there with you all. But our electric/heat bill was $500 this past month. And we keep the thermostat at 52 during the day when we are at work and 53 when we are in bed. And we have new windows, new insulation in the bathroom(radiator off in that room but door open) Radiator off in the spare room(door closed ) PLastic up over the entire DOOR to the mudroom etc etc etc
    Unplug everything we dont need to have on and other things are on switches so they dont drain electric even when "off"

Even with me working my pt gig it still isnt enough. I got the job and the electric went UP.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  9. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    i just got an interview after I posted this... can you believe it.. working at a hospital.

10. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Crossing my fingers for you X X

Are you familiar with Dave Ramsey and the Debt Snowball?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by