There is something about a pig...pix

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hearthnsoul, May 21, 2010.

1. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Our new pig Wilbur apparently has the lot of us wrapped around his cankle (all but the goats)...so cute though had to share

[​IMG]

Move to another spot, then flop,..
    [​IMG]

My daughter checking for a pulse [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He moves for food,..but he has to take breaks

[​IMG]

in all his pigness

[​IMG]

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    how cute is he!

3. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hey Hearth! It's Friday and you know what that means?!?!?!

Little girl pic ready for pickup [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chickenboy7c2d

chickenboy7c2d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Surrey, England, UK
    cute, what breed?

5. hearthnsoul

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Quote:I ended up having a meeting at my sons school this morning,...so it didn't happen...I intended it, I must confess [​IMG] Looks like I am on for next friday. It's guilt of course, I am being practical right, winter will be cold, surely wilbur needs a snuggle buddy.

6. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Ok ok we'll buy that excuse THIS time [​IMG]

And YES he surely does need his snuggles [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    [​IMG]

9. hearthnsoul

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    well we just had our first "pig pause". I have been so busy trying to make everyone be nice to Wilbur, I didn't see that Wilbur himself although so incredibly cute has,..issues. I went to do carrot treats and let me say my buck Inca who is the bees knees is incredibly stupid at food time, be it meal of snack. So I am working on getting him to wait his turn at snack. Now Wilbur starts to jump up like the wether Nemo that he came home with, so I of course push him back down and tell him no, just like with the wether. So he jumps up on the goat loft,..again,..too all the goats horror. He went to go give Appy a bit, just like he was a goat he charged and let me say usually she is the one you watch after,..well she ran like she was on fire. In fact they all did,..Wilbur is kind of like a torpedo coming at you. So anyhow, INca comes back, and remember he is food obsessed, one grunt and teeth gnash from Wilbur and Inca headed for the hills.
    Now I give Wilbur a few more, telling him not to jump up. Then I put the carrots away. Appy eventually comes back in, up on her loft and she starts sniffing my pocket, so of course I sneak her a few,..I swear wilbur knew even though he went outside. he comes back in and walks over to me and did exactly what the little wether does, he nibbled at my calf and I say no he looks like a good little boy and in a few he does it again, looking for attanetion by nipping, so not good. So of course you know once the pig pause is activated you start to watch with differnt eyes, all but Nemo, who he arrived with and has all the same habits, seem to outright detest said pig and I wonder to myself what exactly has he been doing out here to them that they are all so terrified of him?
    Also I see he is following Nemo around and eating,..ugh goat berries! Now I think to myself, 6 months old, already like a torpedo and some solid bad habits,..I guess now I have to research to death how to retrain him. Anyone with any suggestion would be so appreciated.

10. hearthnsoul

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Quote:He is a potbelly pig [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by