There's a Chicken in the Dishwasher- A true story of my chickies

MissChicken

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 3, 2011
Canada
This is a true story of my chickens, told in different birds' points of view. At the beginning not all events are in it, just the main ones. I can't remember everything from years ago
idunno.gif

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Spring 2006
Carly

I’m in a box.
The fuzzy bodies of my siblings press against mine. There are also some strange puff- heads who I don’t know. Suddenly we’re in motion.
Finally the box opens and we are placed into a pen with a straw floor.
“Ouch,” complains one of the female puff- heads.
The door to our pen is gently closed.
“I’m Carly,” I say.
The female puff- head who complained earlier answers.
“I’m Charlotte, and that is Bess,” she says, motioning to the other female puff- head.
“Those big fuzzy chicks are over there are Jenna and Fat- Guy,” I say while pointing to my brother and sister. “And I love your puff- heads!” I blurt out.
“They are called crests,” she says, laughing. “Oh yeah, that’s Man- Chick,” she says, motioning in the general direction of the other chicks, and I assume that he must be the other chick, the male puff- head.
“Nice name,” I say, trying not to sound sarcastic.
Apparently my attempt didn’t work. “I know, right,” she says.
And from that moment on, I know we are going to be best friends.

Last edited:
Chapter 2: Moving Day
Summer 2006
Charlotte
We are in a dark carrier, going to the brand- new outside pen the humans have constructed for us.
I overheard them talking about it yesterday, and told everyone. We have been eagerly waiting to move in ever since.
Someone bumps me.
“Hey! Don’t touch my beautiful crest!” I screech out.
“Sorry, sorry,” someone grumbles.
The door opens and we enter the enclosure, ready for an adventure.

Sorry about the short chapter. I tried to make up for it by writing a longer one today.
Chapter 3: Outside
Late Summer 2006

Bess
They let us out today. Wow! So many different bugs and plants!
The plants taste even better than in our pen. Fat- Guy and Man- Chick found a patch of the really good plants, and are currently stuffing their crops with it.
Charlotte, Carly, Jenna and I are wandering around, checking out our new surroundings.
“Wow, guys! Come look at this beetle!” Jenna exclaimed.
The beetle was strange. It had big orange and black wings on its back.
We all tried to peck it at the same time. Great minds think alike, I guess. The beetle flew away.
One of the humans was watching.
“Don’t eat the pretty butterfly!” the human laughed.
So it wasn’t a beetle after all. Carly had apparently taken a bite of the weird “butterfly” thing and was running around.
“Ew, ew! It tastes really bad!” she squawked.
I guess I won’t be trying a butterfly any time soon.

I guess I will put more anyway.

Chapter 4: Jenna and Bess
Fall 2006
Fat- Guy
A loud screech wakes me up.
"Help me! Help me!" I hear Bess screaming.
I open my eyes, just as the creature rips her head off. I see that the creature has ripped a hole in the wire part of the pen. The creature begins to retreat, but then Jenna screams, and the creature looks at her. Then it reaches out and grabs her.
I know that I should be hiding and trying to save myself, but I can’t help it. Jenna is my hen.
“Aahhhhhh,” I bellow, and charge at the creature.
It slaps me away easily. “Back off, fuzzball,” it snarls.
“Never!!” I yell and charge at it again.
It sees me and rips off her head.
“Jenna!” I screech.
What do I do now? I can’t go into the shelter with the other chickens. The creature will see me and know there are other birds. I curl up in the corner.
The creature sees me cowering and chuckles darkly. “You better watch it fuzzball. I’ll be back.”

Back
Top Bottom