There's a gander in my tub! *now empty* :(

froggie71

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Shamong, NJ
Well it turns out our Sebbie boy must have cut his leg. When my DH noticed it was healed over well so we didn't do anything. Then 2 days ago when DH helped the boys put the birds away for the night he found him hiding behind our A/C unit. He had a large lump on his face next to his bill causing his the top of his bill to be off center and also noticed discharge both clear and red from his vent. The next morning (while I was at work) DH brought him inside and put him in the tub, called David Holderead (who is just wonderful) and got his opinion. Did some calling around to find Tylan (which he has been on since then). He wasn't eating or drinking when we brought him in and he had runny poo. The lump seems to have gone down in size a bit, he is eating well and drinking, there is still a, clear discharge from vent, but no longer red at all and lots of solid poo. The window is cracked open in the bathroom for the smell and so he can hear his buddies. So glad he is responding so quickly and hope he'll be outside again soon.

This is what he looked like when he 1st came in:
100_1815.jpg

100_1814.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Poor baby, I am so happy to hear he is responding to treatment. What did Dave Holderread say he thought it was, infection? please keep us updated on his progress. Thanks
fl.gif

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Poor baby, I am so happy to hear he is responding to treatment. What did Dave Holderread say he thought it was, infection? please keep us updated on his progress. Thanks
fl.gif

David Holderead said it sounded like a sinus infection and he should be put on Tylan ASAP. Actually DH talked to his wife as he was busy at the top of a ladder painting. Both of them are great!

Quote:
fl.gif

David Holderead said it sounded like a sinus infection and he should be put on Tylan ASAP. Actually DH talked to his wife as he was busy at the top of a ladder painting. Both of them are great!

Thanks just glad to hear hes feeling better, I know he'll be happy to be with his family outside again.

This morning he had a lot more dark red discharge with the clear discharge. I'm hoping this means the sinus is draining out the bad stuff
sad.png

Thats not a bad thing as it sounds like the sinus abcess is draining. You want the infection to drain and relieve the abcess so healing commences.

Just keep an eye on behaviour and make sure there's lots of clean water to dip his head in for washing
smile.png

Just what I was thinking. Thanks pete
smile.png
Boy was there a mess today. Good to know he is getting rid of all the bad stuff though. He definitely has clean water which is changed often for him to drink/rinse his face in. Of course tonight he was sitting in the bowl just after fresh water was put in it.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom