There's a pip!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mandelyn, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    For Valentine's day Husband bought me the new digital Hovabater, so excited to use it!

Two days 12 Saxony eggs went into lockdown in the "hatcher" (old style hovabater), this morning, 3 pips!!

Of course I promptly set another 18 eggs in the new incubator. I LOVE it! Set it and forget it! I really did forget it... I was head scratching over when I had set those eggs before remembering it was leap day, 29th.

New set went in on March 25th, the day I met my husband 12 years ago.

It's sad they're all sold, we built a new brooder and they won't even be in it that long. Need to get photos of the new brooder, it's a major improvement over the 1.0 version.

Who's gonna wait on duckling photos?!

Hatching never gets old! It's been a year since we've had baby ducks around here.

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your new 'bator (love those Hovabators!) and you new babies!

[​IMG]

3. mandelyn

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Oh that's a cute Serama hen in your avatar! I just got some Serama this year, they're 7 weeks old now.

5 pips now! The one with the most progress is pipped on the wrong end, will need to watch that one.

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Congrats!!!!

I have a few piips here, and 1 hatch. Hes alf in half out though lol. Its a welsh harlequin though.

5. Goin Quackrrs

Goin Quackrrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    Western Washington
    I've got both the new and the old 1588 Hovabator. Both are slightly over-filled with hatching eggs! Love them so much. But I have to be really good and write down each scheduled hatch on my calendar. Due to unexpected eggs at odd times, I've got a weird staggered hatch planned.

Free hatching eggs. Like I would say no?

6. mandelyn

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I know! No more stalking online auctions when those girls out back keep laying and laying!

Can't wait for my itty bitty Serama to start laying... they hardly take up any room at all! [​IMG]

Wish my neighbors would be cool with a big handsome Marans rooster. I can't put them through that, though a couple of people have asked why I don't have a rooster. I respond with "Are you kidding? I know you hear "spokesduck"... don't need to add a crow to that!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by