THERE'S A SKUNK IN MY JUNK!!!!!! Help!!!

Madelennon

Chirping
Feb 23, 2015
Haslet,Texas
THERE'S A SKUNK IN MY JUNK!!!!!!
Help!!!!!!!!!!! There is a skunk that has decided to take up residence UNDER my newly built duck house. The ducks aren't even in it yet because they are too young!!! How do I get rid of the skunk!?!? Any good ideas!? I am up for anything!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!! There is a skunk that has decided to take up residence UNDER my newly built duck house. The ducks aren't even in it yet because they are too young!!! How do I get rid of the skunk!?!? Any good ideas!? I am up for anything!!!

Lol. Anyways get a hose and start filling the hole with water. Place the hose, or toss, near/in hole and let it rip...

Last edited:
You could get a box trap and put cat food in it, leave it by the whole and that'll catch it. The hard part will be releasing it haha

If it is possible to enclose the underside of the duck house, you could enclose all but a small enough opening for the skunk to get out through, and then rely on their nocturnal habits -- after dark go out and see if you can tell if the skunk is out of there, and if it is, close up the opening. You could bait it out with food at some distance from the house to encourage it to come out. Just look where you're going when you go to close up the hole, don't want to surprise the skunk!

If you do end up with skunk stink in the duck house, just fyi, a bowl of vinegar will absorb the heinous smell -- it really works!

Thanks guys!!! I am just trying to NOT get sprayed!!! Hahaha!!! Any advice on keeping them away? I feel like we have 50 of them frolicking around our property!! Lol!!

If you have Great Horned Owls in your area, encourage them to live near you. They are about the only creature who will actually eat a skunk!

Call animal control or fish and game. Since skunks carry rabies they usually will provide a free trap and come out and get it when it's caught. Because it won't be able to stand, it won't be able to spray.

Skunks can still spray, even if they can't stand up, they just can't aim well.

They can stink up a place, but they can't "spray" perse. Spraying useses muscles that can only be engaged when standing. My brother's in ecology and had to trap them for study...

That said, if they can lift their tails they can eek some out...but most modern traps are built tiny for just that purpose

Back
Top Bottom