1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

There's nothing quite like a girl and her best friend....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickchair, Apr 7, 2007.

1. chickchair

chickchair Rest in Peace 1959-2011

Jan 3, 2007
    My sweet daughter has been longing for a dog more than she'd long for air to breath for months now.... She's absorbed so many dog books and standards for breeds that she'd pass a certification to judge test by now....
    I kept telling her..."the right dog at the right time will make itself known...". In the meantime, she and I have been volunteering every week at the Humane Society..

Well, last week the right dog made itself known...
    Say hello to "Snickers".... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Well, congrats on the new addition to the family. Have you introduced Snickers to the chickens yet? [​IMG]

3. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Thats for sure. Nothing quite like it. Nice photo.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awwwwww, they both look sooo happy. Tell her congrats for me...and life is so much better with a canine friend to share it with. [​IMG]

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    awww neat,they make quite a pair [​IMG]

6. chickchair

chickchair Rest in Peace 1959-2011

Jan 3, 2007
    Well, the chicken introductions are going slowly in the right direction...She's got a lot of sight hound in her, so what she sees moving she wants to chase...
    She and the cat reached an accord the first day...(A one-two punch in the face, and the kitty wins!) [​IMG]

Now she's accepting the caveys, so birds are next...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by