1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

There's something about....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr.Dad, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Mr.Dad

Mr.Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    North Jersey
    .....a warm glass of Pierre Smirnoff after plowing snow [​IMG]......

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    ...sitting in your favorite chair in front of a warm fire with your feet up, dogs and cats curled nearby, hot chocolate in hand, watching the snow fall outside....[​IMG]

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

A cup of coffee, light no sugar, a book, sitting in a chair with a chicken on your lap and one begging at the table.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    ....going out to let the herds explode forth from their pen in the morning chill, cup of coffee in hand, feeling them trample you as they rush by and suddenly...one sweet imprinted duck comes back, to ask to be picked up and held.

5. eldiablo

eldiablo Out Of The Brooder

Theres something about walking out on the flight deck of a cruiser to launch a helicopter in 120 degree heat of the persian gulf. OH and wearing long sleeves and pants in that weather too. [​IMG]

6. eldiablo

eldiablo Out Of The Brooder

I forgot to add walking out to my run and finding three eggs count em ladies and gents three baby yeah. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] oh and its my hen Copper laying not georgia yet.

7. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    There's something about going up to the coop, opening the door, and being greeted by all my chickens after a long cold night. They are so happy to see me!

8. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Looking out on the fields behind the property and watching thousands of Canadian geese landing & taking off.
    watching the comerants doing their acrobatics in flight coming down from up high, sounding literially like an airplane passing by.(wow that kinda rhymed!)
    having a lapful of chicken lovin' when you're feeling down!

Miriam

9. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    Being sat down with some nice hot-chocolate-and-coffee mix (I call it hochee lol) with some decent metal up loud and just drawing or painting random stuff by yourself [​IMG]

10. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    And also finding that very first egg a hen ever laid [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by