thermastat

flipskid

Hatching
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
has anyone wired up a thermastat to their heat lamps in their runs? I know most are low voltage and i imagine i can go find an old air conditioner or heater and steal the parts to a relay system . I saw a thermastat with a 110 volt 3 way plug built into it. Just wondering if anyone has done either option and can offer some advice or pics of the system

In Canada I am subject to -40º cold snaps. I do NOT heat my coop or my run. Murphy's law says my birds will find out what -40 is all about when my hydro goes out. Regardless what you decide feed extra Corn over the winter you will not be sorry.

Or something like this may help also; You could even knit a hoodie for those extra cold days.

As I said I just get cold snaps lasting a few days or so. However climate similar to Saskatchewan Canada where the average daily winter temperature is -22º C lately has made me question my own beliefs.

I know if I was raising birds in Saskatchewan and I noticed my flock in distress due to cold I would not hesitate to provide them with heat. One has to take a daily inventory on ones birds to gauge their over all health and well being. One has to pay due dilligence when you are responsible for your flock.

I consider myself somewhat of an expert in my own area. That being said you can not be closed minded to others who are dealing with different challenges.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom