thermo/hygro question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kick'n chick'n, Dec 24, 2008.

1. kick'n chick'n

kick'n chick'n Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    tennessee
    what digital duo do yall use? i use they accurite but after a few uses they inside temp readout is different from the outside.what do yall use or recommend? thanks & merry christmas!!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I use a digital Flukers hygro/thermo from the pet store. They are a bit pricey ($25) and I had to return my first one, that jumped all over the place, up and down. This one seems on the mark. I also have a Taylor with inside/outside temp-probe. Works pretty well. You are right that the AcuRites get water inside and tend to go weird after a few uses in that high humidity sealed setting.

3. bullrider

bullrider Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Utah
    I use a digital springfield (walmart 8.00)and a envirolite(ebay20.00)it is crazy the diffrent temp. hygro is been the same through the batch i am doing now cant wait 3 day left

4. ddeans

ddeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    kick'n chick'n :

what digital duo do yall use? i use they accurite but after a few uses they inside temp readout is different from the outside.what do yall use or recommend? thanks & merry christmas!!

I use the grey accurite as well. the inside temp does read differently at first, but after a while it should catch up. I think the thermometer is inside of the panel or something. Also depends if that outside sensor is in the same spot as it, or if its closer or further from the heat source.​

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I use the regular accurite (no probe) and the springfield. Both read about the same temp and humidity wise.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by