Thermometer problems and questions about Hovabator.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by youngenbreeder, Jul 15, 2011.

1. youngenbreeder

youngenbreeder Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    I have got 2 glass thermometers in my new hovabator 1602N, both sitting next to eachother on top of the turner, and the one i got with the incubator (the 1825 Thermometer) says 99 degrees F and the other a glass mercural thermometer that i bought from the chemist for $8 says 103.8 degrees F. Which one should i trust more? Should i turn it down a bit? This is my first incubation and i want everything to go smoothly. The hovabator has been running since monday and has had hardly any fluctuations. I have the eggs coming monday and a digital thermometer and hygrometer coming in the mail of ebay on monday also. When that comes where should i put it in the hovabator? Thanks in advance, as i am new to incubating and excited to hatch some eggs.

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  3. youngenbreeder

youngenbreeder Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    thanks just calibrated them and the murcury one was a bit sketchy for some reason. so i used a medical themometer and calibrated the one i got with the incubator and that one was spot on. so i just bought another from the pet shop for 3 buks and its good too, so now im all good. thanks for reply.

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    1602-N is a still air I put a fan on both of mine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by