Thermometer Suggestions??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Eggseronious, May 9, 2008.

1. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
  2. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've just been at this a couple of years now.....so others have far more experience.

My 2-cents - I've had MUCH better hatches since I started using a digital flukers, available in the reptile dept at Petco. It's always right on with the dual thermometer/wick type hygrometer. My family thought I was nuts when I asked for a "flukers" for my birthday!

3. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I have to agree with Equus2, I have purchased 6 different thermometers and hygrometers. Fluckers is the one that I have had the best results with. I tested my against a mercury thermometer and it was right on. Humidity proved to be accurate judging by air cells during incubation and the results at hatch time.

I could have saved lots of money if I had just purchased the Flucker to start with. The little unit you reference may be great but it is not designed for the environment that requires high temp and humidity for extended periods of time. I know it is hard to part with the 25+or- dollars for the Fluckers but it has been very reliable for me.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Im using 2 old thermometer/ hygrometers that has its good days and bad days lol I need to get updated! I dont mind the 20-30 $ range because I know the better ones cost more. Just looking for something reliable in the digital. My old ones are too big also! Update>>> Im not getting good reviews on the flukers after I leave here!! and most are cheap under $12 ive checked alot of sites too!!

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I bought this one at walmart for $8 and Tractor Supply also has it for around $9. It is spot on with temps & humidity. I have it in my sportsman now and was using it in my hova. It's by acurite.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by