1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

thermometer?? WHat should i use??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jackrooster, Sep 19, 2010.

1. jackrooster

jackrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    I need a thermometer for my incubator a good one that tells me what temiture and humidity in it.....what kind should i get and where can i get it?? I the only stares that are around me are walmart and a cupple hard ware store by the way...

2. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    I ordered a Brinsea incubator thermometer .. extremely accurate but no hygrometer.

3. harris farm

harris farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Louisiana
    wal mart has a combo digital thermometer/hygrometer for under 10 bucks. U need to calabrate the unit.. There is a spot here i saw the other day on how to calcbrate. Just do a search. Hope this helps

4. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    I have 4 kinds in my bator, and I find the little white one with the digital readout of both temp and humidity from walmart are very accurate. When sitting in a room together, they always read the same. Id just make sure to look at the ones in the store and get a couple that are reading the same. With humidity, you can always calibrate it and adjust the reading if nessecary. Hope that helps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by