1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Thermometer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LilyD, Jun 25, 2011.

1. LilyD

LilyD Songster

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT

2. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Songster

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    i think i might get one of those [​IMG]

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Crowing

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I have one similar to it that I bought at a reptile store. Love it!

4. LilyD

LilyD Songster

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    Yeah that's what I was thinking but I was just wondering if anyone had one that they were using so I could see how accurate it was before spending money

5. I have one .. so far i like it. It seems to be a lot more accurate than the others I have and i love the fact that it gives me tenth of a degree readings unlike my old one.

6. Oh.. I should add.. if you have a Brinsea 20 eco incubater.. it will NOT go through the vent hole.. so I have the whole thing wedged in the bater and have it so i can read it without having to open the lid

7. LilyD

LilyD Songster

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I have a little giant forced air and I am loving it. I just had a great hatch and have 5 amazing babies in a brooder waiting to go outside with the big kids but I was thinking if it was easier to read it would make it better because I wouldn't have to open it as much plus I want to get something that I can run from the vent to the water troughs in the bottom so I don't have to open to add water I can just do it with a syringe from the pharmacy. I think both of these will improve my hatch rate and get it closer to 100%

8. LilyD

LilyD Songster

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I purchased it so now I just have to wait and see if it gets here before my eggs do so I have time to calibrate it. Thanks for the instructions on how to calibrate the hygrometer I have always just hoped it was right now I can check for sure. I have an acurite right now and it does okay but I am going to load my incubator this time so there will be no room for a thermometer once all the eggs are in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by