Thermometer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LilyD, Jun 25, 2011.

1. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
  2. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    i think i might get one of those [​IMG]

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I have one similar to it that I bought at a reptile store. Love it!

4. LilyD

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    Yeah that's what I was thinking but I was just wondering if anyone had one that they were using so I could see how accurate it was before spending money

5. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I have one .. so far i like it. It seems to be a lot more accurate than the others I have and i love the fact that it gives me tenth of a degree readings unlike my old one.

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Oh.. I should add.. if you have a Brinsea 20 eco incubater.. it will NOT go through the vent hole.. so I have the whole thing wedged in the bater and have it so i can read it without having to open the lid

7. LilyD

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I have a little giant forced air and I am loving it. I just had a great hatch and have 5 amazing babies in a brooder waiting to go outside with the big kids but I was thinking if it was easier to read it would make it better because I wouldn't have to open it as much plus I want to get something that I can run from the vent to the water troughs in the bottom so I don't have to open to add water I can just do it with a syringe from the pharmacy. I think both of these will improve my hatch rate and get it closer to 100%

8. LilyD

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I purchased it so now I just have to wait and see if it gets here before my eggs do so I have time to calibrate it. Thanks for the instructions on how to calibrate the hygrometer I have always just hoped it was right now I can check for sure. I have an acurite right now and it does okay but I am going to load my incubator this time so there will be no room for a thermometer once all the eggs are in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by