Thermometers/Hygrometers

byrandom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 22, 2008
Terrell, TX
I was just wondering what everyone else was using? I'm looking to purchase a few more just to ensure that I'm doing everything correctly.
he.gif

big_smile.png
Thanks!

I started with the digital Springfield one from Walmart and that was a disaster...someone on BYC told me to get an oral temp to verify accuracy...the Springfield one from Walmart gets a big thumbs down...it was waaaay off...

I then ordered from tractor and supply (although they do sell them in their store) a thermometer/hygrometer bulb by Accu-Rite...Absolutely perfect! It matched the oral thermometer temp wise. I then bought a third thermometer/hygrometer from Ebay..not sure who makes it but its reading for both temp and humidity matches the Accu-Rite one...This is my first hatch so I'm hoping for the best...hope this helped!!

Barb

Quote:
The $6 Springfield from Walmart is accurate enough for our RH purposes.

Good thermometer, calibrated at around 99F is essential. Fortunately it needn't be expensive, because calibration at 99 is easy.

I got my only hygrometer from Radio Shack. I should have gotten another one.

It's too late now, but I do know that the ones I have ready to hatch are growing and some of the eggs are rocking.

While my incubator is still under construction and development I just ordered 2 Springfield units so I hope they are accurate. I ordered tow because I figured I would split the difference between the two.

Quote:
The accurite is a few bucks more, but just as good. They have bigger numbers, so it might be better for some.

FWIW, my $200 Amprobe Psychometer returns very similar figures to the $6 Springfield
smile.png

Quote:
Wow, that must of hurt to realize that
barnie.gif
th.gif

Heh ... no.

The Amprobe is useful for a bunch of stuff, and how else would I know my cheapies are reliable?

Besides, I got it cheap
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom