Thermometers

Chickenhatcher89

Songster
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Lawrenceburg, TN
I have 2 Acurite digital thermometers in my incubator along with an Acurite mercury thermometer and another similar to it. I am getting a different reading on each one and don't know which one to trust. One says 99 another 104, 100, and another 96. I have an LG 9200 Still Air incubator. Have had great hatches with it up until the last few days when all of Polish eggs did not hatch. I candled them and they seemed to be about fully formed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Rebecca
smile.png

the thermometers may be just fine. do you have them all next to each other or do you have the probes/sensors in different parts of the incubator?
i know that before i added the fan option to mine i had hot and cold spots. after adding the fan it evened out and i had better hatches.

I forgot to mention that since i was not to sure of the thermometer i had in the incubator I purchased a Brinesea digital. it has a probe that i could slide into one of the vent holes and check temps with. Gave me peace of mind that temps were fairly consistent throughout.

Last edited:
Yes I know what U are saying. Seems like at times I had more thermometers in the bator than eggs. Well I fixed that! I ordered a ASTM 18F thermometer 94*-108* 1/10 degree divisions from Philadelphia Instruments $35.00 plus shipping, this had to be the best money I ever spent! Its about 11" long but is not a problem. I have 2 bators and this what I judge all others by.
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif
http://www.philadelphiainstrument.com/precisioncalibratingthermometers.asp

Back
Top Bottom