1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

thermostat controlled light diagram

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mibotsu, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    so i'm building my incubator out of an old cooler, i got all the parts i need just not sure on the wiring

does anyone know of a good diagram, or can draw up a quick one on ms paint or something?

i've checked the incubator pages, there are some alright ones on there, but nothing concrete....any electricians in the house?

2. scatteredeggs

scatteredeggs Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    i got my wiring diagram from rushlane.poultry. he's got a video in there.
    hope it helps.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

4. ChickieWoo

ChickieWoo Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Michigan
    I also got my information for hooking up a hot water heater thermostat from Rush Lane Poultry . I also did the modifications he talked about in the video and it works really well. Only about a degree variance both ways. He goes step by step on making his cooler bators. Youtube videos here

5. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    yea i got mine ALL wired up now, just gotta take apart what i need and move it in the bator and rehook it all up

i didn't do the drilling into the waterheater...maybe i will

6. ChickieWoo

ChickieWoo Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Michigan
    I went with what he said and made sure the metal side of the thermostat is facing outward and drilled a hole through my bator for a screwdriver to fit through so I can adjust the temp.

Another thing I added that someone posted on here was I drilled a hole and placed a hose through it so later during lock down I can keep my sponges wet for humidity.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by