These 2 are CONFUSING ME!!!!! Girls or Boys??

Hanh3197

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Bay Area
I think this little sweetheart is a mille fleur d'uccle boy? from the look of it's tail but at 7ish weeks old there isn't much of a comb.... ?
hu.gif

95357_photo08071700.jpg

95357_photo08071702_6.jpg

95357_photo08081140_4.jpg

This one is a blue wheaten ameraucana and I THINK it might be a boy too because the light brown around the neck is getting darker
but it's tail is so....girlish...pullet like
smile.png
What do you guys think?

95357_photo08081150_3.jpg

95357_photo08081150.jpg

Help PLEEEEEZ!
fl.gif

Quote:
I would say boy on the first...the second one looks more like a beardless Faverolle pullet. It has the wrong leg color for a ameraucana and looks to have an extra toe on each foot (like a Fav)....either way, it should have a beard.
smile.png

Last edited:
Oh no it has 3 toes in front and all chickens have that extra one in the back
smile.png
It hatched out of a blue egg
And Thanks so much
I LOVE all of my fuzzy butts!
love.gif

The very first photo is a girl, the second photo where there are two, it looks like the first pictured bird (the girl) is behind the other on the right side? The one in front is a boy. So, depends on which one you were curious about, but there's a pair in there.

The second bird, with the Wheaten color, is a girl. Boys will have a darker color on the body. The neck darkening will happen on girls, but a darker body with that color pattern is a boy thing, and this one isn't showing it. The white on the feather tips of the body will soon be colored over too as she grows, it's a neat color to watch grow.

Back
Top Bottom