1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

these are my new ones pics any experts

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lost, Jun 5, 2008.

1. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    Here they are. Is the first one a japanise bantam?Thia my home made feeder.On the bottom I have 2by2 to keep the feed in.In the back a bucket. With a inch and a half pvc with a juicy juice bottle cut for a funal.The white bucket beside it covers it up so the feed want get wet.If you can see it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is this one a buff cochin?
    [​IMG]Is this one a blue splash ca n they breed together? [​IMG]
    He told me this was a porciline millie fleur danvers
    [​IMG]
    This one is a millie fleur danvers and i have a girl thats pic shy lol.How much they go for becouse they was a little high,but the kids loved them.Can i breed the porciline with the other one?
    [​IMG]
    The main one that got all this started. Well one of them.What is he.
    [​IMG] thank ya'll

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Looks like a Jap. , but I'm no expert. [​IMG] Looks like a Buff Cochin [​IMG] Sure, you can breed any two chickens so long as there is not a huge size difference [​IMG] I have no idea which colors you will get though. Probably some that look like mom and some that look like dad and maybe some surprise colors as well [​IMG] Yup, you can breed the others as well, but again, no idea what color you will get. They are worth as much as people are willing to pay for them [​IMG] However, I love my little Mille Fleur d'Uccle so much that I would pay more for another compared to some other breeds [​IMG] Porcelains are harder to come by and will fetch a better price I would imagine.

Hmmm... the last one... RIR??? Is it standard or bantam sized?

3. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I think he is a bantam cause he an't growing.Thanks for your reply

4. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    I think you got them all spot on,..cept the Cochin male. He isnt Splash. I cant really see his color well since your holding him but he looks awesome! Very pretty!

~Casey

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

You'll get some interesting colors if you breed the cochins together, but they'll still be pure cochin. The d'Anvers will give you all mille fleurs unless he carries porcelain, then you'll get half and half.

The cochin roo looks like a mix between... buff, blue, and columbian or something, haha. He's got some awesome colors, his babies would be interesting!

6. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    Thank yall Kids fight over who's who's lol

7. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I also heard ypu could breed the cochin with millie fleur danvers and gat the cocin fleur.Is this true

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

you'd get a mutt. People seem to think that if you breed two breeds you'll get the conformation you want and the color you want. It doesn't work that way at all. It'll take many generations and weeding out tons of birds to get a cochin with decent mille fleur coloring.

You'd get a strangely colored bird with light foot feathering and much lighter bild and more upright than the cochin. Also if you were going to try to breed mille fleur cochins I wouldn't use that cochin rooster, his coloring will make everything harder.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  9. lost

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I dont need no more mutts:D

10. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    That white one kind of looks like my Old English hen.....it has long legs. I bought my hen as a black Japanese only to find out she wasn't that. My hen carriers her tail just like a Jap but her legs are longer.

Feathersite.com has good pics of all kind of chickens. That's where I Id my guys at.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by