These are RIR's, right?

MyBlackHen

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Upstate New York
Are these pullets both Rhode Island Reds? One is a lighter shade of red than the other and I was wondering if one could be a Partridge Rock. I've never seen a PR up close before and the pictures I've seen online look similar to a RIR. What do you think?

Here is Annie:
61598_p7233629.jpg

61598_p7233658.jpg

And here is Ginger:
61598_p7233637.jpg

61598_p7233665.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Your Pullets arent too far from mine !! Mine are RIR some of mine are a lil lighter and some are a lil darker.
I think urs are rir
NH would be lighter
Ginger is too dark to be production or NH!!

63221_camden_jorgia_in_pumpkin_067.jpg

63221_camden_jorgia_in_pumpkin_049.jpg

The one on top seems to be a New hampshire Red, but the second one I dont believe its RIR its her chest looks like it has some kind of black lacing feathers and I dont believe RIR should have that many black feathers on the chest.

They are Production Reds ( Hatchery RIRs ) Like Chris said. That is why they are so mand different shades and tints, because hatcheries bred them for egg production. Not to their color standards, If you true Heritage RIRs, there is a huge difference between them and hatchery Production Reds like yours.

Thanks for your feedback, looks like they are RIR's (but production reds, not heritage)? I ordered them from mypetchicken.com. There is no way that Ginger is a Partridge Rock? I ordered a Partridge Rock but they made at least one substitution on my order, because I got 2 white rocks but only ordered 1. I thought it was the partridge rock that they substituted for, but when I saw Ginger's coloring I thought maybe she was a partridge rock and I only received 1 RIR. I thought the black lacing plus the browner color might mean partridge.

Quote:
Pretty much you have to get them from a breeder. Sandhill Preservation Center claims to have true Heritage RIRs, but...I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom